Comparison of different wood and stuffed vs unstuffed cabinets

NBPK402

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try a experiment with my Mini MEHs. I am planning to try different thicknesses of material. I have 3/8" Birch plywood, 3/8" MDF, and 1/4" MDF. I might go as thick as 3/4" thick to see if the horn thickness makes a difference. All testing will be with REW only. I do not have a accelerator like he had.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NBPK402 said:

I am going to try a experiment with my Mini MEHs. I am planning to try different thicknesses of material. I have 3/8" Birch plywood, 3/8" MDF, and 1/4" MDF. I might go as thick as 3/4" thick to see if the horn thickness makes a difference. All testing will be with REW only. I do not have a accelerator like he had.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

the video shows great results with 1/2 inch , what I would have done is laminate  3/8 Birch with 1/4 MDF ,  best of 2 worlds , resistant  on the outside and better sonically inside -

• Like 1

the video shows great results with 1/2 inch , what I would have done is laminate  3/8 Birch with 1/4 MDF ,  best of 2 worlds , resistant  on the outside and better sonically inside -
That is one of the options I want to try...another is 3/8" of both.

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just had my f20s made with 3/4" BB plywood and then skinned with 1/2" Mesquite. (I have the recommended 3 internal braces and doing the knuckle test...they are solid. The 1/2 Mesquite added about 100lbs to each f20.