Squawker Swaps

PSUSkier

Currently I have a pair of La Scalas and a Cornwall in my theater's front sound stage. I've all but given up on finding a single La Scala to complete the set, so instead I'm thinking about strapping a k400 on top of the Cornwall and updating the crossover to match. While going down that path though, I did stumble across some other threads where folks were talking about upgrading the squawker horn to something better. So now I'm asking for thoughts, try and track down a single K400, or get some readily available and better horns/compression drivers and upgrade all three of them. If the latter, what would be a good combination for a worthwhile upgrade?

Edit: Also appearances don't matter. These are all behind an AT projector screen.

Edited by PSUSkier
Adding detail

2 hours ago, PSUSkier said:

Currently I have a pair of La Scalas and a Cornwall in my theater's front sound stage. I've all but given up on finding a single La Scala to complete the set, so instead I'm thinking about strapping a k400 on top of the Cornwall and updating the crossover to match. While going down that path though, I did stumble across some other threads where folks were talking about upgrading the squawker horn to something better. So now I'm asking for thoughts, try and track down a single K400, or get some readily available and better horns/compression drivers and upgrade all three of them. If the latter, what would be a good combination for a worthwhile upgrade?

Edit: Also appearances don't matter. These are all behind an AT projector screen.

A stock 400 horn would probably match up better sound wise with what you have IMO look at Crites original "CornScala."

3 hours ago, PSUSkier said:

save yourself the trouble , buy a single  Lascala -- that's the best and the simplest answer , no messing around