Have you gone from a direct radiating sub to a horn loaded one?

wuzzzer

48 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

That's the thing, the trailer is around $25.  I'm going to be driving around 300 miles and any U-Haul truck or van is over 50 cents a mile so the cost goes up to almost $200 then.

Make sure the trailer tires aren't overinflated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Make sure the trailer tires aren't overinflated.

I have a friend with a larger trailer but it's open.  It's also fairly old.

I could always put both in my Jeep and just strap the rear hatch down as it would only be open a few inches.

8 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I have a friend with a larger trailer but it's open.  It's also fairly old.

I could always put both in my Jeep and just strap the rear hatch down as it would only be open a few inches.

You have a Gladiator? 

Edit, you said hatch not tailgate.   Didnt know they would actually fit inside a Jeep. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

You have a Gladiator? 

Edit, you said hatch not tailgate.   Didnt know they would actually fit inside a Jeep. 

I have a 2020 Cherokee.  The THTs are 24x36x36.  Width and height are fine, it's the total depth of 72" that's the issue.

I think I am just going to stuff both in my Jeep and tie the hatch down with rubber bungee cords.  That way I don't have to worry about U-Haul not having a trailer, blowing a trailer tire, driving slower than the speed limit on the freeway, etc.

I just wish there was some way to hook them up for my drive home!  😂

• Like 1

Well, the THTs are safely in my basement.  Unfortunately the friend who was going to help bring them in my house flaked out on me so I had to do it myself.  🥵. Good thing I ate my Wheaties this morning!

I'll post pics after I stop sweating and get some pizza in me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Congrats. Oh, it's only a couple inches bigger in each direction. Would would notice the difference? 

So I set everything up just to hear them in my room.  Placed them with the mouth facing the wall behind them, 19" from that wall.  With my SVS subs the auto calibration had set my subwoofer output at -1.0dB so I just left it at that just to see how it sounded.

I've read that the THT isn't considered a true horn sub but it's the closest to one I've ever heard.  It's really hard to describe how they sound.  They're just plain violent, but in a good way.  Just unbelievable output but they don't feel or hear like they're straining whatsoever.

I put on Star Wars IX and watched the opening up until Palpatine raises the star destroyers.  It felt as if my couch was levitating along with the ships!  Then I looked up some old school Bass 305 songs on YouTube.  My best friend and I used those songs back in our car audio days.  By far the cleanest and smoothest that I've ever heard the bass from those songs.

What is noticed most is the evenness in output at all the low bass frequencies in the Bass 305 songs.  With any previous home sub I've had there always were certain frequencies that were over emphasized and certain frequencies you could barely hear.  I don't know if it was a combination of sub placement, the subs themselves or what but I think I got lucky with these THTs and how they interact with my room because to my ears they have the flattest response of any sub I've never had.  And that's only messing around with them for a little over an hour.

If you have the room and if the gigantic size isn't an issue I would highly recommend a THT or similar sub!  🤘

• Like 5

THT's are certainly capable of "violent" but at the same time they have the most refined, accurate and seemless sub-bass I have ever owned.

No boom. No rumble. No artificial, lagging behind retarded bass. It's the real deal. Before I had the Mini-dsp controlling mine I couldn't say that but once they were dialed in I haven't looked back. My urge to always try a different type of sub ended on that day.

I would however like a couple more, though......cause I'm a bass freak.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

• Like 1