Klipsch Announces the 75th Anniversary Klipschorn AK6 (Limited to 75 Pairs +1)

Travis In Austin

• Moderators

KLIPSCHORN AK6 75TH ANNIVERSARY LOUDSPEAKER 

There are just 75 pairs in existence of this coveted extremely limited edition speaker. It comes in a very special teak finish.

Nowadays speakers with horn-loaded woofers are extremely rare, but—trust me on this—nothing pressurizes a room like a pair of K-Horns with 15-inch bass drivers. While there have been hundreds of incremental design improvements to the Klipschorn over the years, the fundamentals are unchanged.

— STEVE GUTTENBERG, SOUND&VISION, OCTOBER 2012

Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home. Commonly called a corner-horn speaker, the remarkably uncommon Klipschorn includes a highly efficient horn loaded tweeter and midrange compression driver. Its folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies.

Features:

• Highly efficient: 105 dB 1W / 1M
  • Fully horn-loaded, full range, three-way system with a folded-horn 15" woofer delivers powerful low frequencies
  • 2" midrange and 1" tweeter compression drivers
  • Capable of extreme output levels with ultra low distortion and astonishing dynamic range
  • Made in USA
  • Comes with a 10-year warranty

AN AMERICAN ORIGINAL

Audio pioneer and company founder Paul W. Klipsch launched the Klipschorn loudspeaker in 1946 to enable people, for the first time ever, to experience the power, detail and emotion of a live performance at home.

HANDCRAFTED IN HOPE, AR

As the only speaker in the world to be in continuous production for over 75 years, the Klipschorn has remained relatively unchanged since its inception.

We still make them by hand just the way Paul W. Klipsch used to.

THE CORNER-HORN

Considered a watershed industry event, the introduction of the Klipschorn set the standard for high sensitivity, wide dynamic range, low distortion, and smooth frequency response. These principles, which drive the creation of every single Klipsch loudspeaker, are what make the Klipschorn as sought after today as it was decades ago.

"The secret of the product quality wasn’t the fact that it was a cornerhorn speaker, but that it was, well, a high quality product all the way through."

Paul W. Klipsch

image.thumb.png.1a92bda186151e6839488126828e9eb7.png

image.thumb.png.9809dbbac4bc2352eed097c0103f17d2.png

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 11/26/2021 at 3:25 PM, Terry M said:

When are they available for purchase and how much will they be? Thank you

They are available for purchase NOW. I believe the announced price was around [EDIT: I'm hearing $25,000]. You will want to check with your favorite Certified Heritage dealer for more information, I can get you the link for that if you need that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, wuzzzer said:

that badge

• A nostalgic 75th logo on the front of the speaker with a natural 2mm diamond to accentuate the specially designed logo made of sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium plating

2 minutes ago, RandyH said:
  • A nostalgic 75th logo on the front of the speaker with a natural 2mm diamond to accentuate the specially designed logo made of sterling silver, hand-applied enamel, and rhodium plating

I know what it's made of, I still don't like how it looks.

• Like 1

I made a Teak vanity top for our 1/2 bath.  Turned out very nice.  Maybe I should get a pair of these for the bathroom so everything matches?

Macassar Ebony (if I have the spelling correct) is still my #1 fav and could entice me to buy them if the situation was correct.  These ARE very elegant looking though!

• Moderators
6 hours ago, RandyH said:

Where did the $16,200 come from that you had earlier? I thought that may have been for standard pair of AK6, but everywhere I have looked it is $16,500.