Portland Oregon Real Estate

mungkiman

Some of you know that I build and remodel high end homes. None of the work is speculative and rarely comes up for sale, but a home I started 24 years ago is currently on the market. If you like a city view with the Cascade Range as a backdrop, this one doesn't suck.

02.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Like the low maintenance exterior, although the moisture gets to it that is easy to clean. The small reddish skyscraper down below is a view I like too.

Seems like Bambi & Thumper could greet you when you open the door!

Absolutely gorgeous house as are all your efforts.   I'm positive I couldn't afford it, lol.  Also too far away from my grandkids and Portland hasn't gotten a lot of good pub as of late.  Again, the house and view are spectacular.   I'm sure it won't be on the market long.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Portland hasn't gotten a lot of good pub as of late

Why do you think they're selling?

Moving there from where I am would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. As if i could afford $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Beautiful place for someone with those tastes.

2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Absolutely gorgeous house as are all your efforts.   I'm positive I couldn't afford it, lol.  Also too far away from my grandkids and Portland hasn't gotten a lot of good pub as of late.  Again, the house and view are spectacular.   I'm sure it won't be on the market long.

Thanks. Portland is just fine if you don't listen to the media. All cities, big and small, have issues.

This house may sit for a minute as the owner is asking $9,495,000

Nice views from the pool, though, just don't fall off the edge...

31.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, babadono said:

Why do you think they're selling?

Moving there from where I am would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. As if i could afford $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Beautiful place for someone with those tastes.

Here in middle Tennessee people have run up the price of land on my road from $1750 per acre to almost $8000 per acre in about one and a half years. Buyers from LA, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Chicago, NYC, and San Francisco are buying sight unseen just to get away. Their words not mine. 10 acres and a mid sized older doublewide that would have sold for well under 100g two years ago just sold next to my friends place in Summertown for $350,000. Buyer never came to look and did not care about anything but could he buy it. Rutherford county just outside of Nashville the land has gone up to $50,000 an acre. I bought some totes from an oldtimer who had been there for a while and we got to talking about land and migrants from bad places and I about fell over when he told me property values. Area looked just like mine but his 10 acres were now worth 500g and then add the house which was on it too and we never discussed what it was worth.

Land is not so easy to find around here as people who have lived here for some time don't intend to leave until they die so as a percentage not much trades hands each year. The desperation of these buyers is frightening and I can only imagine how bad things are elsewhere.

A large chunk of land sold near Pulaski to a farmer from CA. He is buying the land for the equivalent of the taxes he was having to pay in CA each year on a rather large, I assume, farm. He is currently planting Pecans all over the place and will shut down his CA operation as soon as he can. He is fleeing a hostile attitude against farmers, taxes and water shortages. I have not spoken to this guy but the fellow that sells me steel told me about it.

On 10/13/2021 at 4:42 AM, mungkiman said:

Some of you know that I build and remodel high end homes. None of the work is speculative and rarely comes up for sale, but a home I started 24 years ago is currently on the market. If you like a city view with the Cascade Range as a backdrop, this one doesn't suck.

02.png

On 10/13/2021 at 4:45 AM, mungkiman said:

04.png

On 10/13/2021 at 4:51 AM, mungkiman said:

05.png

even trade