WTB MC30s

JonathanKasper

6 hours ago, JonathanKasper said:

Have been on the merry hunt for a nice pair of MC30s for some time now, thought I'd check to see if anyone here might have some for sale? Would offer full market price and am located in Canada and would pay for the shipping. Please feel free to reach out if you or anyone you know may be looking to sell.

You might also look at a rebuilt 225. Ryan Kilpatrick at Audio Classics told me that the 225 outperforms the MC30 when I was looking at the MC30. I see that Audio Classics doesn't have either the 225 or the 30. Both are available on ebay.

15 minutes ago, Frank1938 said:

You might also look at a rebuilt 225. Ryan Kilpatrick at Audio Classics told me that the 225 outperforms the MC30 when I was looking at the MC30. I see that Audio Classics doesn't have either the 225 or the 30. Both are available on ebay.

The 225 is terrific, but it's not MC30's.  Very different sound signature.  I have both, as well as an MC240, and they are all different animals......Of course, it also depends on which preamp you are pushing them with.  It would take a seriously good offer to pry the MC30's away......

I second the above comment. The MC30’s are tube rectified, unlike the MC225. They also use a different family of output tubes. I wouldn’t say which model I preferred, as I own them both. They are just different sounding amps, both equally wonderful in my experience. Good luck with your search. 

• Like 1