Cornwall lV vs JBL 4367

Shiva

1 hour ago, jason str said:

The upper section sounds very similar to Altec Lansing of old, spent my childhood listening to them. Better in some ways, lesser in others. And for that kind of cash the baffle should come in an assortment of colors.🤔

Well, they have grills

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tarheel said:

A gent in NJ has two pair and one pair (with 5 hours use) is for sale for $9999.  Retail price is now $16,500 according to his add.

the price is excellent  (  5 hours use )  --used 1 year old pairs go  for 10k $ 

CONS - make sure it is not B stock ---if used ,  the 5 year warranty is not transferrable 

• Like 1

The JBL's have an "airy" hiss in the vocal range.  The K's don't, and they sound more forward and "connected" on the vocals minus the noise.  Try replaying the first 32 bars on each with your volume set at 50%, and tell me if you think I'm a nutter.  I would like to know your opinion.

Reference or not (on the JBL side...), I think I prefer the Klipsch sound comparing the two.

• 9 months later...
On 10/17/2021 at 5:52 AM, Tarheel said:

I think the 4367 JBL has mid range to die for.  Made me start googling them to see if any used ones are for sale.  A gent in NJ has two pair and one pair (with 5 hours use) is for sale for $9999.  Retail price is now $16,500 according to his add.

Pony express from NJ to NC coast?

I heard these the other day. Wow, indeed to die for! 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, Peter P. said:

Not to be a Klipsch fan-boy, but Edgar is right; the JBL retails for $15k-$16.4k a pair.

The Cornwalls are $6.6k a pair.

The Cornwalls are more efficient; 94db vs. 102dB. The JBL's are real poseurs in this regard!

And the Cornwalls weigh less, so they're easier to move around!

I personally think the Cornwalls look more attractive for the home environment. The JBL's are described in the factory literature as a "studio monitor". Not exactly elegant in your livingroom.

WTF does " Studio Monitor" exactly mean to You ??.

Simply another Adjective for High WAF ??  🙄

21 hours ago, OO1 said:

can we have a few details .

Certainly but I'm not able to wax poetically about audio I'll do my best. 

The other day I want to my local Revel dealer, US Tube Audio in Scottsdale, AZ

I was able to listen to the F208, F228Be, and the JBL 4367.

I thought I'd share my impressions.

F208: Sounded fine to me, good low end, midrange sounded natural, top end was nice, over all nothing special.
F228Be: Sounded better to me, less low end but more defined maybe, midrange the same, top end seemed more defined to me. Most likely as a result of the Be tweeter?

So, I wasn't super impressed with either, not to point where I was willing to pull out my wallet. I thought it might just be a crappy room.

Next up the JBL 4367. From the moment the music started my jaw was on the floor. Everything sounded real, alive, in the room. The acoustic guitars, clarinets vocals, you name it sounded amazing, accurate, and life like. Bass was amazing and tactile. It ran circles around the Revels while still having great tone, clarity and smoothness while at the same time completely natural.

Unfortunately, they were out of F328Be and Salon2 so I couldn't compare.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it the horn loaded compression driver that is crossed over at 700 Hz that gives it the life like sound? The high sensitivity? Both? I'm curious but I've got to know at this point as I've got to have speakers that do this, but I can't afford the $16k!

The closest thing I've heard this type of experience from was the Forte III.   I don't recall the Cornwell IV sounding like this and certainly not the Hersey.  

Thoughts?

• Like 2