Powerline Wifi Booster causes noise in Heresy speakers

MeloManiac

I recently installed a Powerline Wifi Booster in the house to have better wifi upstairs. (The device basically sends digital data through the power grid to the upstairs receiver which then sends it out as a wifi signal.) Since then, my Leben CS300 amplifier sends out a weak, crackling noise to the speakers (and headphone, but here it is less disturbing). When I turn up the volume, the noise does *not* go up.

In order to test if the Booster was indeed the cause, I unplugged it, and yes, the noise was gone.

Two questions:

1) Can this noise signal damage my amp or speaker?

2) Is there a way to deal with this?

Here is a quick result from internet search: https://community.naimaudio.com/t/interference-crackling-from-powerline-adaptors/7342/5

Since originates from the transmitter could try to clean it up there first.by plugging into a separate outlet. If still problem, same with upstairs.

As long as low static volume, probably alright for now.

Guess it is annoying?

6 minutes ago, MeloManiac said:

I recently installed a Powerline Wifi Booster in the house to have better wifi upstairs. (The device basically sends digital data through the power grid to the upstairs receiver which then sends it out as a wifi signal.) Since then, my Leben CS300 amplifier sends out a weak, crackling noise to the speakers (and headphone, but here it is less disturbing). When I turn up the volume, the noise does *not* go up.

In order to test if the Booster was indeed the cause, I unplugged it, and yes, the noise was gone.

Two questions:

1) Can this noise signal damage my amp or speaker?

2) Is there a way to deal with this?

Here is a quick result from internet search: https://community.naimaudio.com/t/interference-crackling-from-powerline-adaptors/7342/5

Alright

• Like 1

Likely picking up line noise from other devices plugged.

Anyway, would try as close a short direct circuit between the 2. On the receiving end, try a wall or hooked surge or line projector and plug unit into that.

Filter may be enough or a line filter, even a passive.

Decided to look at your link and can agree with the first couple of posts there. Yes not perfect but, keep playing with it. Guess you can always just get a simple 2 way phone splitter, ethernet and run a line temporary to check quality before hiding line better.

Bet you will find the solution.

the powerline wifi booster piggybacks it's data signal on top of your home's alternating 230 volt current that runs through the home's electrical infrastructure that snakes through your house ...........that's why the noise is present in all your plugged in devices 

Just now, MeloManiac said:

In between tracks, it sometimes sounds like internet in the old days, with a dial-in modem...  😩

I think I'll in the end get a cable connection upstairs...

Dang, yes that is other than just static then at times. Still, play with it meanwhile. Think about it and take breaks from it.

You will have ideas to try...

4 hours ago, billybob said:

Dang, see the problem. Getting piggybackers here...lol 

Power......line .....WIFI booster  -------means exactly that  ,  great solution for warehouses  or for warehouses with forklifts equipped  with PC's running Android or Windows with WIFI  communication , but not in a house 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Or a more powerful WiFi router. Not sure what your regulations are there for wifi power output

I'm 'renting for free' the booster, and the technician told me I indeed need to upgrade my router. I'll do that in the weeks ot come and do some speed tests with the new router. If things are better, I'll stop using the powerline booster.