Wife's birthday party

Marvel

At first, my wife wasn't sure she wanted to have a celebration, but finally accepted it whole heartedly. We had about 25 friends with us at one of the newer trendy places in Chattanooga's South Side. It was a lot of fun (as it usually is when a bunch of Filipinos get together).

61856536_20211018_1831552.thumb.jpg.1203791528765a573bfd3b8a42c09462.jpg

• Like 12

I don't mean to hijack this thread Bruce; but I'd like to point out that I've NEVER had a birthday party in my entire life. I thought I was being singled out until I talked to my older sister and she said, "I haven't had one either ... none of us did."

I made up for though. When I was 21 and out of work, I withdrew my last $100 from the bank, bought a keg of beer and threw an "I'm Broke" party. Not sure how well the party went, I mean with no money to buy food, my memory was affected. 

On 10/27/2021 at 10:53 PM, Marvel said:

Well... she got some jewelry. Multiple pieces, truth be told.

I can't get my wife an expensive gift at the moment. But I am having creative thoughts. What do you think about doing some kind of presentation with our pictures together? I have a projector at home.I was advised by Loveslides that it wouldn't take long to create a presentation.. I'm a great cook, I'd make a great dinner. What do you guys say? Has anyone ever done something like this for their wives or girlfriends?

Edited by JordanWex

I didn't get her expensive pieces. It was the thought that counts. She likes opals, and we go to a place that buys and sells jewelry and gold. She picked out what she wanted. The prices have always seemed fair. They set a nice diamond in a great setting for her engagement ring and recommended another shop to make a matching wedding ring. We've always been more satisfied with them than any of the high end stores.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Take her to Hawaii Bruce ... they have these very helpful workers at stores that, for a few bucks, will help you get a real pearl from an oyster. 

One of my wife's nieces is married to a worker at a pearl farm at the north end of Palawan, PH. The water off some of the Philippine oslands is considered the best in the world for raising oysters.

• Like 1