SOLD: Cary SLI-80 F1

michaelwjones

27 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I'm going to try it. Many reasons why I chose this amp specifically... Super easy to bias, crazy long life and cool running tubes, high SNR (low noise), carvers one offs on this amp and the reviews.  I had to try it.  It will either be a fit with stock tubes or it wont.   I know things can increase dramatically with swapped tubes, but I'm not trying to waste all my time and money doing so 

Heard dat. I don't think it will take too long to determine if my geriatric ears can hear the difference between this and that. If it's all the same I might as well go back to the convenience of solid state. But, I think the experiment should be fun. "I might be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride". 

• Haha 1

Just now, Area 51 said:

Heard dat. I don't think it will take too long to determine if my geriatric ears can hear the difference between this and that. If it's all the same I might as well go back to the convenience of solid state. But, I think the experiment should be fun. "I might be going to hell in a bucket but at least I'm enjoying the ride". 

Ha, my man. "Its OK because it is sold".