RP-8000f tweeter issue

Aragorn

Hi all,

Home theater newbie here.  I have the below setup:

RP-8000FX2

RP-504C

RP-502S pair

RP-500SA pair

PL-200ii subwith Denon AVR-S760H which supports 75w dual channel power output.

The receiver has two issues

1. During setup test , when the front right is played all three front speakers output the sound. This does not happen for the other speakers. Might be a receiver issue as per Denon support.

2.  When I play a YouTube Dolby demo, after a bit into the demo the receiver shuts off and says speaker protection activated.

I checked all speaker wires and they are not shorted. Are the speakers too high power hungry for this receiver?

Any suggestions are appreciated here.

Edited by Aragorn

Hi all,

Home theater newbie here.  I have the below setup:
RP-8000FX2
RP-504C
RP-502S pair
RP-500SA pair
PL-200ii subwith Denon AVR-S760H which supports 75w dual channel power output.

The receiver has two issues

1. During setup test , when the front right is played all three front speakers output the sound. This does not happen for the other speakers. Might be a receiver issue as per Denon support.

2.  When I play a YouTube Dolby demo, after a bit into the demo the receiver shuts off and says speaker protection activated.

I checked all speaker wires and they are not shorted. Are the speakers too high power hungry for this receiver?

Any suggestions are appreciated here.

RP line are efficient speakers. Plenty of power from the AVR. Could you give them more? Absolutely! Maybe remove 2 speakers? I'm guessing your running 7.1? Try 5.1

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

The good news is I removed all the wires at the receiver and reconnected then.  Both issue 1 and 2 are resolved by this.

New problem: the right front speakers tweeter is not outputting any sound the left works fine.  Tried switching the cables connecting the wire to high input of the speaker same issue!!

Edited by Aragorn
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

How do I troubleshoot the tweeter?

You could remove speaker and do a continuity test with multimeter or, remove other tweeter that is working and swap to other speaker to test crossover to good tweeter. If works there no crossover damage apparent. If continuity test to bad tweeter fails, likely just need new diaphragm.

Simple troubleshooting.

Won't removing void warranty? Also am afraid I would spoil something. Also these are brand new would expect them to work flawlessly 🙁

Another poster had similar issue and he pulled the tweeter.. assume this means he removed and put it back.. 

51 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Won't removing void warranty? Also am afraid I would spoil something. Also these are brand new would expect them to work flawlessly 🙁

Another poster had similar issue and he pulled the tweeter.. assume this means he removed and put it back.. 

I hadn't got that far in my thinking.

Unplug overnight and hope for a better day...

• Aragorn changed the title to RP-8000f tweeter issue
3 hours ago, Aragorn said:

Won't removing void warranty? Also am afraid I would spoil something. Also these are brand new would expect them to work flawlessly

Yes , when speakers are new ,and the warranty is active --- best to not touch anything until the dealer is contacted  , they will suggest various solutions