ZXPC 18" x 10" Two Inch Format Horn

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Madman1 said:

I need to do some measurements to see if these would fit inside a Cornwall cabinet. Maybe without the adapter and a 2” driver, adapter might be too deep. 

They should. The Cornwall enclosure is roughly 15.5 deep. Working depth will be less, maybe 14". The 18 x 10 horn is approximately 7 3/4" deep. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have plots of the K402 vs. the Big JBL "elephant butt cheeks" horn that Roy called a B.U.S.H. horn using a JBL 2446 driver. The K402 is clearly superior in every way.

I have just about every major horn imaginable going back to old EV's and the ZXPC, and all kinds of 2" drivers. What kind of plots would Y'all like to see?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I have plots of the K402 vs. the Big JBL "elephant butt cheeks" horn that Roy called a B.U.S.H. horn using a JBL 2446 driver. The K402 is clearly superior in every way.

I have just about every major horn imaginable going back to old EV's and the ZXPC, and all kinds of 2" drivers. What kind of plots would Y'all like to see?

My question is simple, but might not have a black and white answer.

I have JBL 2470 drivers and Community M400 (I think this is the model) for La Scalas and K Horns.  I have JBL Baby Butt Cheek and Beyma Tweeters to go with these.  I am not worried about fitting the horns in the top hats, I can make something that will work. 

I have the following choices:

1.  Build Tractrix horns with a low Fc (say 300 to 350) - Takes time and effort

2  ZXPC 18 x 10

3.  ZXPC 17 x 11

4 ZXPC K510 (probably not low enough for the K Horn)

5 Some other JBL or Selenium horn

I assume just get two pairs of the 17 x 11 ZXPC and 1 pair of reducers for the JBL 2470s.

What is your advice?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

My question is simple, but might not have a black and white answer.

I have JBL 2470 drivers and Community M400 (I think this is the model) for La Scalas and K Horns.  I have JBL Baby Butt Cheek and Beyma Tweeters to go with these.  I am not worried about fitting the horns in the top hats, I can make something that will work. 

I have the following choices:

1.  Build Tractrix horns with a low Fc (say 300 to 350) - Takes time and effort

2  ZXPC 18 x 10

3.  ZXPC 17 x 11

4 ZXPC K510 (probably not low enough for the K Horn)

5 Some other JBL or Selenium horn

I assume just get two pairs of the 17 x 11 ZXPC and 1 pair of reducers for the JBL 2470s.

What is your advice?

With any of the horns on your list, you will still need a Super Tweeter, since the driver tanks at 9 Khz. My JBL spec sheet shows it as tested with the JBL 2350 Horn, a heavy Metal beast I used to own. That was a very good radial horn that went down to 300 Hz. with 2" driver. Since JBL put out their literature with a curve with that horn, you may want to look for a used pair. They are heavy beasts, though. As with all JBL horns, you will need an adapter. My favorite horn with a JBL Driver was a Klipsch K5J I had a single to run my radio in the garage with an FH- bottom. Sound damn good in mono! LOL.

9 minutes ago, Curious_George said:

I have been experimenting with this horn / waveguide. It is inexpensive and sounds very good. I’m going to incorporate them with the ZXPC 18x10 horn when I redo my LaScala’s with a separate top section. 

Dayton Audio - H07E 6%22 x 6%22 Elliptical Waveguide 1%22 Threaded.pdf 100.2 kB · 4 downloads

I will try a pair on my next P.E. order thanks for the tip

Rich