FS - Mid 90s Klispchorns - Great Condition -- Sold

Theo

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Tony T said:

You are correct in thinking so as I was. Difference is you got away with it! No problem, it was likely a prejudice where I'm concerned

I sure hope not because you are a good egg. I think that was from an era when some folks in the Garage Sale Section were thinking their efforts at "self moderation" were being effective. I'm sure it might have appeared ot some that the rules didn't apply, etc. I think it's more about who might have been in a particular thread at a particular time. 

I started a thread (pinned at top of Garage Sale) about a Heresy - Mahogany, Forum Etiquette, etc. to try and get a consensus about what everyone wanted to see (or not see with regard to responses on Garage Sale section listings. Primarily because it did have the appearance that some were being called out for that, others not. That particular example was a clearer issue, comments about asking price being way too high. 

This situation was a little different, I think the comments might have been that the price was slightly too low? I'm not sure on the timing of the price comments, before or after the sale. Not sure that makes a difference either. I think the best course it not to comment directly on price one way or the other, or state a value.

However, some comments. "that's a smoking hot deal" or similar is a positive comment about a listing price. It that alright?  What if someone made that comment and the seller changed their mind and relisted them at a higher price? I think those comments are all ok, but I can now why some said they would like Garage Sale to be listings with no ability to comment at all. 

Low Asking Price

I don't have too much sympathy for first time posters posting an ad (to save fees etc.) being off on price and underpricing. (Again, that doesn't apply here, just a general comment.

There is nothing wrong with commenting on price if the OP asks for input on price in their listing (I don't think that applies here either). 

Way Too Low Asking Prices

If a widow, son/daughter, etc. is selling speakers they inherited, just like these for example, and listed them for $500, I would hope, expect even???, that one or more of you would suggest that they might want to contact @wvu80 or anyone else knowledgeable about recent pricing, that they might be too low. That will piss off a few people here (they typically brag when they have taken full advantage of an unknowledgeable widow, sadly there are multiple examples of this over the last two decades), but that's just going to be too bad. I typically help them out anyway and get them a PM or email before I even approve the post. 

The safest bet, when it comes to making a comment on price is comment in the Forum "You have a PM". Then PM the person and tell them they are way, way too low, or even way, way, way too high. 

• Like 1

I just wanted to say I'm sorry I spouted off without getting the lay of the land here, value is probably the most active topic on other forums I frequent. It absolutely can be contentious and I understand 100% why it's avoided here. I truly didn't mean to thread bomb guy's for sale thread on a great pair of K-horns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, drewogatory said:

I truly didn't mean to thread bomb guy's for sale thread on a great pair of K-horns.

I 100% believe you.  When I first started posting here I made mistakes and other forum members were extremely helpful to help me understand the culture and etiquette of the Klipsch forums for which I am eternally grateful.

This is a great community with some incredibly smart people.  I'm sure you'll fit right in.  -Dave

• Like 3

Speakers are sold.

Looks like I missed some back and forth about pricing. I posted these for my dad and neither us really knew what a fair price would be since we haven't followed the forums. Guess we could have asked for more, however he just wanted to sell them to someone that would use and appreciate them since they were just sitting in the garage at his new house.

Thanks all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Theo changed the title to FS - Mid 90s Klispchorns - Great Condition -- Sold