that much more gain?

The Dude

Up until lately, I have been listening to music via Spotify streamed via Bluetooth from either my phone or computer to my cheap Monoprice tube hybrid.  I've always had the volume knob about 1/3 of the way up and been able to control the volume via Spotify app to a moderate listen level.  Lately I've been adding or swapping components, trying to grow the system (kind of fun and breaks up the office work day). Since I had some cartridges from an older Pioneer 6 disc CD changer and ample amount of CDs, I decided to seek out another Pioneer 6 disc CD changer.  Coincidently one pop up Monday on Market place for $10.00, so yesterday I met up with the seller and brought to the office.  I didn't have any cds at the office until this morning, so finally am now able to give a listen.  Not sure if its a gain issue or what the deal is, but dam, I am barely able to have the volume turned up.   

My end goal was to finish my SP12/PH6 combo from Tubes4hifi and  go with either some small SET/SIT tube amps that Tube Fanatic is always writing about or one of those ACAs everyone talks about. But now I am wondering if maybe a passive pre with 3-4 inputs is to either of those amps is all that is needed.  If so, this is how it would be set up with inputs for the following, PH6 Phono, CD player, DAC (i've always been happy with Schitt's $100.00 unit), possibly a 4th for a Bluetooth receiver or tape deck(which I am not sure is needed since I will be running a DAC and Im assuming the tape deck wont have enough gain). 

If my new end goal with just running a passive is a good ideal, any thoughts on a passive that wont break the bank?  

One another note, regardless of the gear or quality of the gear,  finding different ways to listen to music has always what has been fun for me within this hobby.