RIP Roger Gordon/Twistedcrankcammer

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Just received a phone call from Roger Gordon’s wife. He passed away this evening of an apparent massive heart attack. It saddens me to lose another good friend.

We have met so many of you through the years. Some of you we only met once about fifteen years ago. Some of you we have seen many more times through the years. Some we have never met…but each of you have left your mark on our life. This just doesn’t get any easier.

I will miss you Roger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

what a sad News , Roger @twistedcrankcammerwas always taking care of his Family , and He  made sure to give  Nothing but the Best  to his Wife and kids - A great Loving Husband and Father  .  Last we heard of Roger , he was caring for his  Wife and Son , and he spoke of Covid -

a Super guy , RIP ROG , I'm gonna miss  you Bro  -

• Like 1

• Moderators
Thanks for letting us know. RIP bud.

Making these kind of posts is extremely difficult.

I’m glad that I can be here to listen when a forum member’s loved one calls me about their passing. It’s an honor and a privilege. It’s also extremely painful. You guys really mean a lot to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

RIP Roger….  I’ll always remember a conversation we had about our daughters at Rodney’s place after a Klipsch pilgrimage in Hope… just  two Dads sharing experiences when they were in their teenage years and how obvious his love for his daughter was….  Peace and Comfort to all his family and friends. 

miketn

• Like 1

AB6AAFB9-3369-4BF1-BCD2-D9001CA6DA67.jpeg.d2f87d01ae68b7402eaa28f8f2e945b9.jpeg 

Sad news indeed.  My condolences to his family.  

The attached photo shows a Ford 427 SOHC “cammer.”  Roger’s avatar and forum name pay homage to the same.

Roger explained it in a post August 5, 2008, which is excerpted below:

“Thanks!! . . .

Twisted or Roger, either is fine. I belong to several motorcycle forums as well as the Ford FE Engine Forum. TwistedCrankCammer stands for the FORD 427 SOHC Hemi engine, as I own one. To understand the rest, you would have to be a gear head as the cammer came with a forged steel crank, and factory forged steel cranks of the day were twisted between rod throws in their manufacturing process. On a cast crank, the casting line is in a straight line the length of the crankshaft. I use twistedcrank cammer on all of my forums that I belong to, as well as my ebay account name, plus you tube etc., it just makes it easier.

Roger”

RIP Twisted from a fellow gear head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1