RIP Roger Gordon/Twistedcrankcammer

dtel's wife

Wow.  What can one really say.  I hate hearing this.  He was a good guy.

He lived in a small town just a short drive from my fathers childhood home town AND my fathers cousins also lived in  Rogers town.  I've always viewed that as part of my extended 'stomping ground' as I've got memories of going there when I was single digit in age.  I always felt he was a bit of an extended 'neighbor' because of those ties.

Rest in peace buddy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RandyH001 said:

Last we heard of Roger , he was caring for his  Wife and Son , and he spoke of Covid -

I don't know any of those details, but he was a Nurse.  I don't know what he was doing "recently" but a number of years ago, he was a travelling Nurse.  As I recall, he'd go to a location and stay there for (no idea) six, eight months??  to help do whatever he did.  He'd then go back home to Bluffton before his next road assignment.  I might be wrong, but that's my recollection of what he said.

• Like 3

Oh my gosh, such sad news.

I got to know Roger thru a garage sale here on the forum. He wanted my KP-450's so bad and only had a deposit at the time. I took a leap of faith and shipped them on his word for the balance. He was a man of his word and paid the balance shortly thereafter.

During our transactions, I told him how stubborn he was and said "you must be a Taurus" He said yup born on May 7th. I laughed and said "really me too"

What year I asked and he said 1964. I laughed even harder and said "Really, Me too!"

Rest peacefully my friend and my thoughts and prayers to all of your family and friends....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
Rip Roger buddy.   You'll be missed.

I couldn't believe this when I saw it.  He called me a few days ago and we talked subwoofers.  I'm in shock.

I was shocked when his wife called me last night. We talked possibilities of Pilgrimage a week or so ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jeez....I hate to hear of a member passing.  Born in '64...way too young.  I just turned 55 a couple weeks ago and, the older I get, the more I'm reminded of what my grandfather told me when I was a teenager and into later years.  "You know you're getting older when you hear of/go to more funerals than birthday parties".  The older I get, the more I understand it.  Life is short...we just don't know how long we'll be around.

Rest in peace and my condolences to his family and friends.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coytee said:

I don't know any of those details, but he was a Nurse.  I don't know what he was doing "recently" but a number of years ago, he was a travelling Nurse.  As I recall, he'd go to a location and stay there for (no idea) six, eight months??  to help do whatever he did.  He'd then go back home to Bluffton before his next road assignment.  I might be wrong, but that's my recollection of what he said.

Correct Roger was a Senior Nurse and on Sept 24th  when he thought his Wife and Son were infected with Covid ,  Roger handled it like a PRO

On 9/24/2021 at 11:17 PM, twistedcrankcammer said:

I think it is COVID.

The Son had a temp of 103.9 and  real wet sounding cough. I started him that night on Zink, Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Ivermectin mixed in orange Juice. I also gave him a cool bath and then put him to bed;. No cough or temp since the next morning only slightly junky sounding lungs. The wife is more difficult as she is an insulin dependent Diabetic and ab Asthmatic. I am still in the same bed with my wife but I am taking Ivermectin Prophylactically. I just can't go vibit my parents as I fear being a vector. Please keep you and yours safe.

Expand  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1