WTB: K43 woofer

DWGooch

Hi everyone,

I recently got a pair of La Scala Industrial separates that sound fantastic! Great deal, but they need some TLC...

Heard a slight rattle coming from the doghouse on one of them, so I opened it up to investigate. Seems like the spider has come unglued from the basket on the woofer :sad:. Pictured below. There's one on eBay now for a decent price, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had one they would sell me. I'm also considering some of the replacement woofers recommended elsewhere on the site, but would prefer to keep it closer to original and match the mate.

Thanks!

spider@basket.jpg

Also - I have considered a DIY re-glue with CA based on attempted fixes I've read about in other threads. It seems like a pain in the neck to get to for a clean glue up, and it is separated almost all the way around the circumference of the spider. If anyone has had success with this, please let me know. 

9 hours ago, DWGooch said:

Also - I have considered a DIY re-glue with CA based on attempted fixes I've read about in other threads. It seems like a pain in the neck to get to for a clean glue up, and it is separated almost all the way around the circumference of the spider. If anyone has had success with this, please let me know. 

the repair requires the right glue ,  if you're not comfortable to repair it yourself , a speaker reconing shop can handle it 

For New replacement KLIPSCH PARTS  , including  WARRANTY - 

you can call ---klipsch parts or email klipsch directly  with your request --------https://support.klipsch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

CUSTOMER SUPPORT

NOTE: At this time, Klipsch Phone support hours are 9 AM -4 PM EST.

Klipsch Online Order Support
For assistance with orders placed on Klipsch.com (United States only):
Call 1-800-554-7724 or submit your request.

Klipsch Product Technical and Warranty Support
Click here for our Warranty page.
Click here for our Online Support System to find help with your Klipsch product or to submit a warranty claim.

Thanks RandyH !

I've read that people have used cyanoacrylate glues, like Loctite 426. My concern is that it seems difficult to get any sort of applicator down into the space where the outside of the spider meets the metal of the basket. Since replacement is probably the route I'll take eventually anyhow, I'll probably give it a shot. 

ok , I own 2 pairs of LSI speakers -and I use both the K33 and K43 

either the K43E or the k33E  can be used in your speakers , the K33E has more bass output at lower volume - the K43E has more power handling 

Klipsch K-33-E Woofer Part #121501 (NEW)

29 minutes ago, DWGooch said:

Thanks RandyH !

I've read that people have used cyanoacrylate glues, like Loctite 426. My concern is that it seems difficult to get any sort of applicator down into the space where the outside of the spider meets the metal of the basket. Since replacement is probably the route I'll take eventually anyhow, I'll probably give it a shot. 

Sent you a PM, you should be able to reply.

And for the information for another poster in this thread, unless you have heard the K43 vs the K33 in an LSI split configuration, and understand how it integrates with the other drivers in that specific configuration, then the spread of misinformation regarding this is not appropriate.

On 10/30/2021 at 6:43 PM, DWGooch said:

. Since replacement is probably the route I'll take eventually anyhow, I'll probably give it a shot. 

https://reconingspeakers.com/products-page/klipsch-k-33-e-woofer-121501/

me / Woofers, Subwoofers, Bass Units / Woofers 15"

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15″ Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall

Cabinet serial number required for purchase*

Serial Number *

Original Klipsch K-33-E 15" Woofer #121501 for Klipschorn, La Scala, Cornwall quantity

SKU: K33ELF Brand: Klipsch
Description
  • Brand New Genuine Klipsch K33E (K33-E) K-33-E Woofer
  • Part #121501. Old part #15162.
  • Replaces K-43-E, K-33-B and more.
  • 15″, 4 Ohm
  • Found in models: Klipsch Belle, Cornwall 2, Cornwall 3, K horn, Klipschorn, La Scala & more.
  • Woofer features a round magnet but can replace older models with square magnet.
Reviews (0)

Reviews

Jim, PM sent.

Since I’m going to end up using these for events, I’d like the power handling capabilities of the K43. We’ll see what happens though, I’m not totally opposed to the idea of swapping to a K33 if my glue job doesn’t take. 

1 hour ago, DWGooch said:

Jim, PM sent.

Since I’m going to end up using these for events, I’d like the power handling capabilities of the K43. We’ll see what happens though, I’m not totally opposed to the idea of swapping to a K33 if my glue job doesn’t take. 

I bought a pair of Choruses years back and one woofer (k-48) had a "popping" sound at volume so I took it to my local re-cone shop. He looked at it pushed the cone in and out and noticed the spider had come loose due to the voice-coil lead wires being too short long story short he pulled out a little bottle of glue and glued it back together charged me $6 and told me to bring it back if I had any more problems with it-- my friend has those speakers today probably 10 years later now and they still work great. 

• Like 2