Heresy-Boca Raton-scam!

geezin'

On 10/30/2021 at 4:35 PM, geezin' said:

you would need to edit your thread to  mention that it was a  SCAM   ,,,,but keep the thread up so we can see it as a Scam  on the forum with the posted pictures in case it pops up again

• geezin' changed the title to Heresy-Boca Raton-scam!

Back in 2008, I picked up a pair of 1989 Heresy IIs near Vancouver (the one in BC, not the one in Washington State) for $275CAD.  I couldn’t believe the price on Canuck Audio Mart, but since I was going to the mainland anyway, and I’d be close to the seller’s address, I stopped by for a look.  He’d just painted them with flat black paint, but they sounded fine, so I bought them.  He had lowered the price, but found no takers, so he lowered it again, then I spotted his ad.

The seller needed the money to help pay for the La Scalas he had just bought.  Classic!  I still have them.

Sometimes apparent bargains are what they appear to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 6:14 PM, Tinnitus said:

Sellers description led me to believe they had at least some knowledge of Klipsh until they said “ footprint is similar to Belles”.  

Don't they BOTH have 'squarish' footprints??

Just saying... :o