New Cornwall IV's

ZardozM

I've just received my first set of Klipsch speakers the Cornwall IV's and I am just amazed at these speakers.   When I was young Klipsch was the brand to have but couldn't afford them.  Well finally got my first pair, very happy with them. 

Mike 

IMG_20211031_071355191.jpg

• Like 15

3 hours ago, ZardozM said:

I've just received my first set of Klipsch speakers the Cornwall IV's and I am just amazed at these speakers.   When I was young Klipsch was the brand to have but couldn't afford them.  Well finally got my first pair, very happy with them. 

Mike 

IMG_20211031_071355191.jpg

what a cool cat , and a great picture , the cat is actually watching the Display with  quite a bit of interest -

• Like 1

The cats really very good around the system, I have her watching mouse videos on YouTube. 

Here is the current setup:

Merrill Williams R.E.A.L 101 Turntable
Jelco tk-850l tonearm
Soundsmith Paua es * cartridge
Manley Chinook phonostage
PrimaLuna EVO 100 Tube Preamplifier
Quicksilver Silver 88 mono block amplifiers
Dayton audio sa1000 subwoofer amplifier
Psaudio p10 power regenerator
Klipsch Cornwall iv speakers
DIY subwoofer x 4
Audio sensibility signature interconnects
  • Like 3

My CWIVs continue to impress after about 4 months of ownership. I'm still looking for the perfect integrated or separates combo to power them. But to be honest, they sound fantastic out of my Onkyo TXNR757 A/V receiver. Even with this Onkyo, they responded well to being bi-amped and I also noticed a difference when I upgraded to higher quality 12 gauge speaker cable. Nothing too crazy, but better cabling than what I had. 

I'm gonna be really pissed if I spend 5 grand on new amp/dac/pre and it sounds the same as this $800 A/V receiver....Really pissed...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoryGillmore said:

My CWIVs continue to impress after about 4 months of ownership. I'm still looking for the perfect integrated or separates combo to power them. But to be honest, they sound fantastic out of my Onkyo TXNR757 A/V receiver. Even with this Onkyo, they responded well to being bi-amped and I also noticed a difference when I upgraded to higher quality 12 gauge speaker cable. Nothing too crazy, but better cabling than what I had. 

I'm gonna be really pissed if I spend 5 grand on new amp/dac/pre and it sounds the same as this $800 A/V receiver....Really pissed...

Buy used. Resell for what you paid and try for free. Possibly go for an integrated to simply your decision and upgrade quality with all you need for reasonable money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So far I'm really happy with my system as it is powering the CW's, not going to make any changes until they have thoroughly broken in.  One thing I might try in the future is Bi-amping with a pair of McIntosh MC75 mono amps that are being reconditioned. 

IMG_20211020_202019072~2.jpg

• Like 3

Man for a board to ask that question... 

It's a nice place to be and there is a staggering amount of knowledge here, all supported by the manufacturer of your new speakers : )  If you look really hard, you can maybe find an opinion on something, too.

The only thing I know is that you should have some pretty good sounding speakers -- enjoy and thanks for posting. 

If you feel like it, what would be interesting is to find out what you were used to before and what's different in your CW in your space.