A Visit with Chief Bonehead and The Jubilee

Kudos to @mikebse2a3 for his comprehensive coverage of the event with his comments.  I really can't think of much to add except for the comments about the sound I left above in response to @Deano1974's questions and this.  First, thanks to @Chief bonehead, @Travis In Austin, all the other people from KMAH and Klipsch, and the other attendees for making this a truly fantastic experience.  Second, hearing the new Jubilee has really amped up my anticipation for getting my pair.  I can hardly stand it.  🙂 

PXL_20211015_190408719_resized.jpg

• Like 3

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, MMurg said:

Again, it's hard to say without just repeating "It was truly the most life-like reproduction I've ever heard".  I used a very wide range of music during my personal listening session (rock, jazz, big band, classical solo piano, choral music and large scale orchestra).  I've attended live performances of all of these type of music before.  All sounded very realistic and I could not find fault with anything that I or anyone else played.

You apparently missed my bagpipes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Travis In Austin said:

You apparently missed my bagpipes. 

LOL.  My son decided to take up the bagpipes over this past college summer break.  So, I've gotten familiar with live bagpipe music.  😂  But I must have stepped out for some air when you were playing them on the Jubilee.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, seti said:

Hard for me to english what something sounds like. Can't wait for you to hear them. The imaging and soundstage was as good as it gets. The two way was cohesive. The bass was full and detailed. Roy took down the distortion a few notches so with that all the benefits. Gotta hear it to believe. Like describing a sunset to a blind person.

Or an elephant.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, MMurg said:

LOL.  My son decided to take up the bagpipes over this past college summer break.  So, I've gotten familiar with live bagpipe music.  😂  But I must have stepped out for some air when you were playing them on the Jubilee.

They handled them exquisitely,  at 120db per Oledoller's db meter.

Alright already!  For months I've been wondering just what the Chief had up his sleeve.  I KNEW whatever was gonna roll out would be stellar.  Now it's done. 

You all are the luckiest people I know.  To be a part of this group to hear them for the first time.  After reading and eyeballing I'm totally drooling.  I've seen and heard tons of gear and always went back to the LS as "my babies."  They fit me.  Now this???  IF I were 15 years younger I'd own a pair.

Chief, even though we've never met I totally get the nickname.  Ya done good and PWK HAS to be smiling or is it a smirkish grin?  Not your last mission I hope cause your act is together!

Kudo's to everyone involved in the Klipsch family.  I want!  :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, babadono said:

I was mistakenly lead to believe there was only one 12" driver?

You weren't mistaken.  It was originally only supposed to have one.  Roy later tried shoehorning a second one in to bring the base bin efficiency closer to the HF and it worked.  Cory explains in more detail in his video (https://youtu.be/XQvg9rrvfwQ).

3 hours ago, Schu said:

are the ports between the two drivers or below the two drivers?

just curious.

Roy said that the vents/ports are still on the bottom.  Here's my quick and dirty edit of a CES video screenshot.  He basically just cut a new hole at the top of the motorboard for a second woofer.

Vents with two woofers.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Maybe we should let Roy explain.

Your picture may or may not be accurate and Corey's description was certainly not very good on the technical aspects.  Why not let Roy explain what was actually done.  Otherwise we will be knee-deep in conjecture

Roy is certainly welcome to elaborate but I was there when Roy explained it.  He described how how he had Jessie (at least I'm fairly certain it was Jessie) try to get one more woofer in the space above the first.  Roy even showed us the final layout in the SolidWorks software.  I had forgotten I snapped a pic of the layout when he was showing it but I won't share it without an OK from Roy.  I just checked it to make sure I had this right.  My picture may not be an engineering drawing but how it shows the general layout is correct with one exception.  I think the only deviation is that the triangle of ports is inverted from that shown in the rendering, with two next to the woofer and one at the bottom.

Edited by MMurg
added some clarification