A Visit with Chief Bonehead and The Jubilee

On 11/4/2021 at 12:19 PM, MMurg said:

This is the emotion I'll be feeling as we unbox the first Jubilee bass bin after they arrive.  😁

Bass Bin Ark.jpg

“White Glove Delivery” offered at no extra charge to all Jubilee Heritage owners.

As well it should be - 

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2021 at 9:56 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

I sense some natural discomfort from some “Underground Jubilee” owners with the introduction of the newly designed Jubilee.

I think it's great. I'm not disappointed at all, I think it's all positive...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Speed said:
On 11/2/2021 at 11:56 PM, mikebse2a3 said:

I sense some natural discomfort from some “Underground Jubilee” owners with the introduction of the newly designed Jubilee.

I think it's great. I'm not disappointed at all, I think it's all positive... 

Ha! My guess is there is quite a bit of discomfort to go around but those appear to be a speaker to be proud of. I can't wait to hear them. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2021 at 8:50 PM, RandyH said:

is the DSP a klipsch Designed  product  -

Isn't it a veneered rebranded/locked down xilica?  Kinda a shame they wouldn't allow users to run room correction on it.  For the $$$ the new Jubes run, I can't imagine anyone not using room correction.  Why force someone to buy more gear and run another d/a conversion? 

I could be totally full of shit here however...

That's really a bummer there isn't a digital input... who's the intended target market?

I feel like the analog purists don't want DSP in their signal chain.

And for those comfortable with digital, they'll want to start with a digital source and keep it digital as long as possible...

I'm super bummed I missed the event. Will there be other opportunities to hear the system in the future? At that price, I certainly want to listen before buying.

I'd love to see the "dirty curves" too....for both the speakers pre/post processing and the electronics. Is Klipsch using the 110dB class of AD/DA converters, or the 120dB+ class of converters? If the ADC is separate from the DAC, then it shouldn't be too much work to fly in a digital input...which would totally be my preference. I like the idea that they've combined FIR and IIR filters, and I would hope speaker phase compensation is included in that?

Btw, is it confirmed a 2-way or 3-way design? The descriptions were a bit confusing...

1 hour ago, DrWho said:

That's really a bummer there isn't a digital input... who's the intended target market?

I feel like the analog purists don't want DSP in their signal chain.

And for those comfortable with digital, they'll want to start with a digital source and keep it digital as long as possible...

I'm super bummed I missed the event. Will there be other opportunities to hear the system in the future? At that price, I certainly want to listen before buying.

I'd love to see the "dirty curves" too....for both the speakers pre/post processing and the electronics. Is Klipsch using the 110dB class of AD/DA converters, or the 120dB+ class of converters? If the ADC is separate from the DAC, then it shouldn't be too much work to fly in a digital input...which would totally be my preference. I like the idea that they've combined FIR and IIR filters, and I would hope speaker phase compensation is included in that?

Btw, is it confirmed a 2-way or 3-way design? The descriptions were a bit confusing...

While a digital input would have been a nice addition, the current custom DSP is certainly not getting in the way of the sound to my ears.  Roy didn't give all the details that you are asking during the event but I know that Roy would not have had a custom DSP box made that wasn't a good match for the new Jubilee.  It sounded completely transparent to me.  I certainly did not cancel my preorder after hearing them with the custom DSP.

This is still a 2-way speaker like the Underground Jubilee.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, DrWho said:

Dos

The one major thing that's changed from preliminary descriptions is that it's 2 Twelves in the bass bin.

It's a whole new ball game Doc, a whole way new ball game.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:05 PM, MMurg said:

I certainly did not cancel my preorder after hearing them with the custom DSP.

you may have gotten a preferential price , one thing for sure is the Prices are...................UP

I'm hoping @Chief bonehead is listening as I have a dimension question for the new Jubilee that I forgot to measure while at the event.  I need to know the width of the back panel of the new Jubilee.  I'm trying to layout my room (speakers, treatments, etc.) in CAD software and I'm trying to figure out if any corner bass traps will fit in the corners behind the speakers if the speakers are a few inches out from walls.  I need that back panel width to get the top view outline of the cabinet correct.  Thanks.

For those of you that may have missed the new Jubilees at the open house at Audio Video Therapy in Nashua, NH -- they will continue to be on display (and demo) there for the next couple of weeks.  I auditioned them and found the soundstage to be quite impressive (not to mention the dynamics).

• Like 2

On 11/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, DrWho said:

Pffffft.....  Ipod owners......dumbazz.....  lol.  :emotion-21:

Welcome back Doc, this is the first post I've seen of yours in quite a while (in case I've missed others)