A Visit with Chief Bonehead and The Jubilee

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the two versions side by side actually makes the new one look smaller than in the first Klipsch video renderings.

Much more impressive seeing a real one in a picture.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, Coytee said:

Pffffft.....  Ipod owners......dumbazz.....  lol.  :emotion-21:

Welcome back Doc, this is the first post I've seen of yours in quite a while (in case I've missed others)

Pffffft.... Old-timers and their vinyl....😴 Haha

How've you been??? I pop in from time to time to see if anything exciting is happening. What's new in the world of Klipsch besides the Jubilee? I don't get much time for the audiophile hobbies these days...

I did finally upgrade to a proper system running two MiniDSP SHDs giving me a 2x3 crossover fed into Hypex nCore amplifiers, and a SpeakerPower amp for the bass. Dead silent, super smooth, and one click away from any master quality music streamed through Tidal. You guys should try it sometime...

Any chance of getting a MiniDSP SHD config for the Jubilee? I'm really close to making a purchase, but unfortunately Klipsch has a really poor reputation for electronics with me and this processor thing is really holding me up.... Especially when I'm so happy with the current setup. 

58 minutes ago, DrWho said:

How've you been??? I pop in from time to time to see if anything exciting is happening. What's new in the world of Klipsch besides the Jubilee? I don't get much time for the audiophile hobbies these days...

I did finally upgrade to a proper system running two MiniDSP SHDs giving me a 2x3 crossover fed into Hypex nCore amplifiers, and a SpeakerPower amp for the bass. Dead silent, super smooth, and one click away from any master quality music streamed through Tidal. You guys should try it sometime...

Any chance of getting a MiniDSP SHD config for the Jubilee? I'm really close to making a purchase, but unfortunately Klipsch has a really poor reputation for electronics with me and this processor thing is really holding me up.... Especially when I'm so happy with the current setup. 

So by now you are also convinced that Tidal MQA is a really good thing. I've the new Bluesound Node 2021 for a few months now, which is a clear step forward from the older Node 2i.
MQA is classes better than CD quality, although that's already good with Tidal.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DrWho said:

Well Doc you can reverse engineer the magic box, and feed those settings into your MiniDSP SHD's OR you can come to Hope on March 9, 10, 11 and 12 (or part thereof), become a member of the museum/donor and we can get you set up in some way, some how. 

Or fly to Austin and drive me up to Hope in March. I have an easier drive way for you to get in and out of these days.

Travis