Reasonably priced DAC recommendations

avguytx

3 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I no lie to you mang.   Glad you like it. It's one of my favorite DACs I owned. 

It really is amazing what a good DAC can do to a system it really brought out all that I thought I was lacking in my system; more depth and 3-D almost holographic imaging on top of the significantly higher resolution playback. I think my old built in Sunfire DAC's were really holding things back quite a bit and I thought it sounded pretty damn good before just itching for that extra little bit but got a lot, thanks again!

• Like 1

The only reason I've been contemplating this is because I'd had an offer from someone to buy my Onkyo Reference M-5000R amplifier and Onkyo P-3000R preamp, which already has dual 32-bit (really, 24 or so) Burr Brown PCM1795 DAC's.  Maybe I should just keep the preamp and sell the amp as it sure does simplify things.  It's a pretty solid preamp with its bi-amp capability and analog outputs.  Plus the solid mount RCA's versus the basic ones on a plastic board behind the back panel.  It was a $1,600 preamp when new.

Not to mention, those same TI PCM1795 chips are used in this current model 110th Anniversary Denon PMA-110 integrated amplifier at $4,000.  I guess they aren't all that bad.

g580P3000R-F.thumb.jpeg.e207d9876813246b65f2834216334420.jpeg

g580P3000R-B.thumb.jpeg.ecc09d3d3d81d85a3d1b87d74635618e.jpeg