Miracle whip

jason str

Not as good as I remembered.

IMG_20211101_101433487.thumb.jpg.fa23edbe535d6af5deafd2b8d16af5af.jpg

Avoiding deli lines and old packaged meat I bake or grill a big chicken breast or sometimes turkey. Half sandwich on rye bread and handful of chips is my secret weight loss tool. 

Thought I'd try a change from the usual Hellmann's and spicy mustard mix. Other stuff goes on too but I like a nice sloppy coat of mess before anything goes on.

Yeah, no. Way sweeter from what I remembered growing up. Probably throwing it out.

• Confused 1

Back in the day, my late wife made a great quiche (no jokes...). Took it to a party and one of the wives there loved it and asked for the recipe. A couple weeks later, she told us she made it and it was terreble. My wife asked how she made it and did she follow the recipe...

Well, no, she used Miracle Whip instead of real mayo, and changed up a couple other things.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Back in the day, my late wife made a great quiche (no jokes...). Took it to a party and one of the wives there loved it and asked for the recipe. A couple weeks later, she told us she made it and it was terreble. My wife asked how she made it and did she follow the recipe...

Well, no, she used Miracle Whip instead of real mayo, and changed up a couple other things.

Mom and sister made quiche, I have high cholesterol and lactose sensitive so no quiche for me.

Last couple times at Kroger my deli cheese had imbedded pieces of other people's cheese choices so avoiding that now as well.

1 minute ago, JohnJ said:

Avocados are nice, more so when they were priced right! Got avocado oil to season the cast iron with and make salad dressing if I've run out of olive. Had carnitas and guac for supper tonight!

PXL-20211104-000235247.jpg

Oh man. Had cereal for dinner 3days now.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, dtel said:

Around this part of the south it's Blue Plate. 

MW still sucks

"Our favorite store-bought mayonnaise is Blue Plate Real Mayonnaise. (That roar you just heard is the sound of Louisiana residents cheering.) The Southern brand just edged out Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise in our recent taste test to select the best commercially-available mayonnaise in America. For our methodology and the full list of mayos tasted, scroll to the bottom of the page; first up, the rankings!"

• Like 1