Miracle whip

jason str

Remember eating that stuff at a friends house growing up ; if you're hungry enough well 🤷‍♂️. That stuff is the worst ! Miracle Whip and Bologna sandwiches , no cheese . But here's the kicker , guess what the beverage was ?

TAB ! Was there ever a worse beverage ? I mean Fresca was very bad but it's not even close .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I had no idea it was rated well.

Also on the list of things I have no idea about is the Blue Plate we use, it is called heavy duty and does not need to be refrierated after opening. I have no idea why it is heavy duty or the refrigerated part.

I do know one thing NEVER leave a real Silver spoon by accident in a mayo jar. :emotion-41: It will be green in a couple days, chemical reaction or magic who knows ?

• Like 3

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

I mean we couldn't afford to use a silver spoon growing up ; pewter was a treat .

You missed out it's the way to go.  OK I have no idea about that stuff,  we just happen to have one silver one a little bigger than a tablespoon. There about 25 spoons and I doubt you could match 3, and a few different sizes, we don't do fancy.

• Like 3

It must be a Midwestern Baby Boomer thing, but around here they love that crap.  Its all I ever knew until I was about 15 or 16.  I remember one summer we visited family in Kentucky and I was riding along with great uncle to the sale barn.  We stopped at a deli to get some sandwiches and I remember saying "and i mean mayo, not that salad dressing $hit" .   That got me thinking, so I asked mom, what's difference, she basically said he was refering to real mayo versus miracle whip.   When I returned home I started working at McDonalds where they used real mayo.  Someway somehow I managed to get a taste and realized that this is why I have never liked what my family here in Nebraska served. From then on it was real mayo, I like prefer the stuff with olive oil rather it be Hellmann's or Kraft.  My wife used the Avocado stuff and to me its nasty.  Still a real mayo guy here. 

Now my folks are hooked on some salad dressing with splenda.  

• Like 3

Gave Dukes a try vs. Hellman’s. Hellman’s won but Duke is more than acceptable. A sleeper Mayo is Heinz, damn good, equally on par with Hellman’s. Tried Kraft  - terrible stuff.

Avacado mayo? California dreamin ‘ that is - where one eats toast with avacado slices, a $9 cup of Starfuks and a pinky raised as a show of good manners — 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Mayonnaise is always the option with fast food places. Yeah I grab a Whopper or Big Mac once in a while. Miracle whip is not cheap, almost bought the small squeeze tube but the big jar was the same price. Guess they got to get rid of it somehow.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2021 at 11:06 PM, sunburnwilly said:

I mean Fresca was very bad but it's not even close .

Diet Wink! I liked it. Besides the caustic flavor/aftertaste that all diet sodas have.

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Picked up some Duke's. It's good, I will buy it again.

Sick as hell this week so deli meat it is.

It could have been a shock to have it without sugar in it for a first time. Welcome you convert:lol:

Get well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1