NAD C 700 - Any experience/thoughts?

CWelsh

I've been looking at a variety of options to power my Forte llls and I'm really curious about the NAD C 700. It appears to be a slightly stripped down version of the NAD M 10 music streamer amp. Has anyone actually heard one or one of the similar NAD products? I've seen the M 10 recommended a few times, but have seen nothing of the C 700.

https://nadelectronics.com/product/c-700/

Edited by CWelsh
Added link

• 4 months later...

I use... and HAVE USED Class D (ati, bel canto, Wyred4Sound) for many years with Klipsch Heritage, KLF and Reference lines with great success.

I currently use an ATI and would not hesitate in trying a NAD.

It is a VERY clean sound and might be slightly dry for some ears... it is a matter of taste. While it may, or may not, a be all end all amplifier... it is worthy of consideration.

I reposted this question in the Two Channel topic and got more response. After researching, I ended up purchasing a Bluesound Node to serve the streaming function and (originally) ran it through my Marantz 1060. I have since purchased a little Class D amp to go with it and I'm really happy with the results. In the other thread, someone posted a link to a review that led me to Bluesound (sister company to NAD).  I've included a link to the thread.

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/204143-nad-c-700-any-experiencethoughts/&tab=comments#comment-2683743

After listening to my NAD M2 with RF7’s I can vouch for NAD. Im not really sure what technology it is but it may be similar to Class D. 

Ive read lots of good things about NAD company going back many years. 

Good luck with whatever you choose. 

I am not positive if they are on the list for amp manufacturers that are currently using the Zetex chips for Class D amps, I do not think that model has them but still NAD makes a decent Class D amplifier, definitely better than many out there. As for sound I know pretty much that it will be very good for clean and powerful, accurate. I am going to eventually switch over to Class D for subwoofer power but the only thing I dislike about these types of amplifiers is that for the most part when something goes wrong they are not easy to repair and for some issues, say with the actual chips or controller it's junk and just purchase another one at that point. Longevity and reliability is my only concern with Class D amplifiers. I don't care if you have a top of the line switching power supply there are parts that get really abused and will be needed to replaced in a shorter period of time vs say a linear power supply, mainly the capacitors. The linear amp is easier on power supply capacitors vs a switching power supply. I work on my own stuff and design power supplies for my day job so I know I can handle most repairs and still the Class D amps are just not as repairable and reliable.

• Like 1

I really should not have said throw away. Like most consumer products, televisions, copy machines, etc, repairmen just replace boards and do not attempt to repair the problem on the board. Most televisions repairs are done this way these days. Probably going to be expensive though. 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, henry4841 said:

I really should not have said throw away. Like most consumer products, televisions, copy machines, etc, repairmen just replace boards and do not attempt to repair the problem on the board. Most televisions repairs are done this way these days. Probably going to be expensive though. 

If anything happens to my $80 Class D amp I will throw it away. I do not need to add to my stack of "some day I will get it fixed" amps. They already take up way too much space in my storage room...LOL

I would also like to know if a C700 would be perfect for `Klipsch Heresy IV...

No chance to hear it where I live, some dealers mailed me it would be perfect, others said to seat away from class D and horn speakers... I choose a Cambridge amp but basically need something smaller (size) in my room...

Anybody uses a C700 or M10 on a Klipsch?

On 3/20/2022 at 2:27 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

I would also like to know if a C700 would be perfect for `Klipsch Heresy IV...

No chance to hear it where I live, some dealers mailed me it would be perfect, others said to seat away from class D and horn speakers... I choose a Cambridge amp but basically need something smaller (size) in my room...

Anybody uses a C700 or M10 on a Klipsch?

I do not have a C700 or M10, but there are several forum members, including me, using Class D amps with their Klipsch speakers and we are very happy with them.

19 hours ago, CWelsh said:

I do not have a C700 or M10, but there are several forum members, including me, using Class D amps with their Klipsch speakers and we are very happy with them.

So no problem then Klipsch and class D?? Why do people mention it then?

other than Super clean and dry sound signature?

No issues, just know what you are getting into.

You have a pair of speakers that are extremely revealing and you are adding a topology that is extremely revealing and sharp... super fast transient response.

2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

So no problem then Klipsch and class D?? Why do people mention it then?

That is a good question. If it is a retailer, perhaps because they don't sell them. If they are people who have never heard Klipsch speakers with a Class D amp, I would have to say, ignorance. If they have listened to Klipsch speakers with a Class D amp, it may just not be a sound they like. It is a revealing sound and I happen to like that.

I wasn't sure I would, so I bought a very inexpensive Class D amp (Aiyama A07) at the recommendation of another member who has been using them for a long time. It was $80 USD so I figured it was worth the risk to try it. Several others have purchased more sophisticated and expensive amps and seem to really like them.

• Like 1