A55G version II

rmlowz

32 minutes ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Not balanced in what way?

The volume levels and audio quality from all three drivers were out of sync.

Based on my Heresy experiments, I think the ALK CSW-450 plus my new tweeters and mid drivers would give me the flexibility I need for experimentation. 

1 minute ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

Based on your detailed explanations regarding differences in connectors, I was hoping for a little bit more.

Well... the tweeter and woofer music was a bit more recessed. The A55G/2 music was very forward. A lot like the loud kid in the class.

On 12/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, pcbiz said:

The A55G/2 music was very forward

He said the A-55-G was louder.

Output is reduced from 1 to 4kHz, where there is a small peak, while the K-55-X falls off pretty rapidly.

I don't see anything there that would cause me to think the 55-G is "very forward", but everyone hears differently, and maybe that peak bugs him. 

6 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

How do your impressions square with the plot on the previous page?

I haven't figured out what that chart means. I'll youtube it.

However, my K-400s are wrapped in Kilmat, which definitely adds to their clarity. That may be a consideration with the boost in volume and clarity, which is definitely more pronounced with the A55G/2s. More experiments to follow.

11 hours ago, jebartist said:

I installed these Sunday and found they are more laid back than my original K-55M's.

It has been claimed by several people that the k-55m has a higher sensitivity than the k-55v variants (1.5-2db) in fact Klipsch redesigned the crossovers after those drivers were implemented. 

I'm not sure what crossovers you're using but if you haven't updated them yet might want to consider a version that is more friendly to the new parts you have if you want to try and make them work.