A deal for the adventurous! A pair of 100W RMS mono amps on eBay. $30 plus shipping of $46.

Oicu812

These are 100W RMS mono amps out of Allen Organs.  They work great (at least the ones that I got from another member here do, as I have 6 of them in service currently).

RCA line inputs, bare wire outs which could easily be changed to bananas or 5-ways.  Huge power supplies and capacitors.  I use these with pre-amp outputs from a surround receiver, and they truly deliver.  Clean, clear sound and they never even get warm.

This is not my ad, I just found them and thought I would pass on a good deal:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165166085714?hash=item2674aa7652:g:T0oAAOSwr25hcKyZ

I think that once you hear these, you will consider the $75ish dollars extremely well spent!  I know that I absolutely love mine.

I need to cut some birch ply to make bases for mine.  

I've seen these added to a pair of La Scala before, attached next to the crossovers to make them self powered speakers...  edit:  Come to think of it, I've seen La Scala that were built into Allen Organs.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

I'm sure I definitely needed those and another circuit project to add to the todo pile... Any idea what might have caused them to fry the guy's speaker? Think it's that piece of metal on the right one in the last picture that's bent into the resistors shorting something out?

Edited by archdukeobvious

4 hours ago, archdukeobvious said:

I'm sure I definitely needed those and another circuit project to add to the todo pile... Any idea what might have caused them to fry the guy's speaker? Think it's that piece of metal on the right one in the last picture that's bent into the resistors shorting something out?

That was my thought exactly.