Need help identifying a 15” Klipsch driver

Tizman

Hi All.  I picked up this woofer last week and was hoping someone could help me identify it.  It came with a couple of drivers that the seller identified as being Klipsch in origin.  The lot included a K-48-KT.  This driver has a cast frame and looks most like a K-45.  The ribbed spokes on the basket are the same, and the rear vent and cone look the same.  The big difference is the extra magnet attached to the back.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

E468D648-E9B6-4B1B-AF65-DCBE6F015446.jpeg

BF0930C9-496C-469E-A0CC-103F27649E0A.jpeg

703BD62E-63B1-4F4A-A035-6986DE08E0BC.jpeg

0AC0FD7E-D720-43E2-B872-CAB301472FDC.jpeg

632D7447-BE5A-4F9E-9DE8-5BD0C72EE1C7.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Tizman said:

looks most like a K-45.  The ribbed spokes on the basket are the same, and the rear vent and cone look the same.  The big difference is the extra magnet attached to the back.  Any insight would be much appreciated.

a magnet  was added on top of a k45 , by drilling 3 holes   , simple answer

8 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

a magnet  was added on top of a k45 , by drilling 3 holes   , simple answer

Interesting.  What impact to parameters is normally expected when adding a magnet like this?  My intended use is in a large horn subwoofer.

1 hour ago, Tizman said:

Interesting.  What impact to parameters is normally expected when adding a magnet like this?  My intended use is in a large horn subwoofer.

It's called a ceramic ring magnet , it comes in various weights and sizes , this is added to increase the driving force of the woofer and a more punchier  bass than stock

Ceramic Ring Magnet – Master Magnetics

1 hour ago, Tizman said:

For the purposes of speaker design, are the effects on the driver parameters significant enough to keep me from using the normal K-48 parameters?

no-all it does is aid the stock magnet to a slightly tighter bass -