Another RP-6000F vs RP-8000F topic

Guido101

Hi all - indeed, another one! I have been extensively using the search function, but cannot find an identical case / the answer I am looking for, hence this topic. 

Situation:

I love good music, and thus good fronts. Originally, my focus has been music 80 / HT 20. This has changed completely to 20/80 respectively. Hence, I want the speakers to be part of a future HT setup. At the same time, input channels will be Spotify and Netflix - i.e.  not the highest quality. I currently have Dali Zensor 5’s from my previous house, but they are not able to create the soundbubble I want in my new house. I have bought them 6 years ago on a strict budget, and I now find myself “regretting” I did not sufficiently future proof the purchase. After all: why would you waste your good years listening to lower quality sound ?

After quite some research and listening I am very much torn between the 8 and the 6. I have been able to listen to the RP-8000, which I really like. Unfortunately I cannot listen to the RP-6000 (at least: short term).

What I have read on this forum is that they both perform very similar, while the 8 is more heavy on the bass in the mid and the 6 being more neutral, thus also being recommended to be paired with a sub. Interestingly, I have also read that the 8 is a huge step up in terms of creating the soundstage. 

Knowing the sizes of both, the 8 strikes me as very large (perception; the reference is the Zensor 5) - which is a concern to me as I am not sure whether that would fully blend in my room. In addition, the 8 is 750 euro whereas the 6 costs 640 (at one place even 470). 

Based on the above, I am not sure the price increase (220-560 total difference), the massive size of the 8 and the seemingly similar performance is worth buying the 8, as the 6 might perform fantastically well and I can spend the money on surround speakers. 

Question: can you please share your views on both, and your expert opinion / recommendations ? Would you buy the 8, or the 6 - and why ?

As a context; my future receiver considerations (recommendations welcome):

- NAD T758

- Denon X3700H

Current room: 

12x5 meters by 2.7m high. Part of this is kitchen, part is living area and 5x5 is living room area. Picture below. 

Context: I might move again to a living room being 5x8 meters 2.5 hight. 

66CCE011-18F9-47B7-90D4-690EEB5D405C.thumb.png.454cfdf67865d308fc6bf3eaa93695f8.png

@Guido101,

Welcome to the forum.

With that size room and your main listening position being around 3 meters from the main speakers, you really could go with either pair and not really wanting for more.  If you moved to a larger room like you mentioned, the the RP-8000Fs would be better.

Bill

On 11/7/2021 at 2:23 AM, Guido101 said:

Knowing the sizes of both, the 8 strikes me as very large (perception; the reference is the Zensor 5) - which is a concern to me as I am not sure whether that would fully blend in my room. In addition, the 8 is 750 euro whereas the 6 costs 640 (at one place even 470). 

I am going through a similar process with difficulty. Spare a thought for us in Australia. By your pricing the RP8000 is 896 euro here and the 6000 is 736 euro. That's serious money and everything is the same. We must just pay out our *&^ or accept something much lesser for the same money and no sales whatsoever, at any store, ever as far as I can tell :(

Edited by BestPosition