Quiet USB fan

wuzzzer

Just wanted to put a plug in for AC Infinity's 120mm USB fan.  I had disconnected the fans in my Crown X1000 pro amp because they were loud enough to be annoying if I was listening to music quietly or during quiet parts of movies.

Wanting to keep the amp cooled I looked for a USB powered fan that I couldn't hear from my seating position.  I found the AC Infinity one on Amazon for about $13.  I have it plugged in to one of my TV's USB ports so that it's always running when my TV is on.

It has three speeds but I found that any speed higher than Low was audible from my couch.  Fortunately even at its lowest setting it keeps my amp cool to the touch even after watching an action movie with lots of LFE.  I have it sitting behind my amp blowing toward the opening where the original fans are.  Working great so far!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wuzzzer said:

Just wanted to put a plug in for AC Infinity's 120mm USB fan.  I had disconnected the fans in my Crown X1000 pro amp because they were loud enough to be annoying if I was listening to music quietly or during quiet parts of movies.

there is a sticker on the fan , remove the sticker  , apply a  drop of sewing machine oil on the bearing  , let it spin until the oil penetrates , clean any excess -power on ,  check to see if the fan is more silent , if the fan is still noisy  , call Crown tech support , tell them the fans are very noisy ,844-776-4899

Maybe they can send you a new set of replacement fans ,  free of charge -

these fans are not cheap ----close to 39$ each   -https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/172525-crown-139289-2-cooling-fan-for-cdi1000-xti1000-xti2002

5 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

there is a sticker on the fan , remove the sticker  , apply a  drop of sewing machine oil , let it spin , top up if needed--power on ,  check to see if the fan is more silent , if the fan is still noisy  , call Crown tech support , tell them the fans are very noisy ,844-776-4899

these fans are not cheap ----close to 39$ each   -https://www.fullcompass.com/prod/172525-crown-139289-2-cooling-fan-for-cdi1000-xti1000-xti2002

You come up with some most interesting propositions surely.. Hope it works 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RandyH001 said:

there is a sticker on the fan , remove the sticker  , apply a  drop of sewing machine oil , let it spin , top up if needed--power on ,  check to see if the fan is more silent , if the fan is still noisy  , call Crown tech support , tell them the fans are very noisy ,844-776-4899

They might be different fans.  I have an X1000, not XTI.

17 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

They might be different fans.  I have an X1000, not XTI.

I know , I figured they could perhaps be the same fans   ,either way ,  the model of the fan is written on the sticker --when you call Crown , they will ask you for the amplifier serial no  now the waranty could be expired , but if they have had issues with Fans , they might send you a set free of charge  based on a Goodwill , there seems to be quite a few X1000 fan noise complaints on the web  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Crown have an excellent warranty ---so definitely give them a call   , could be your lucky day -

16 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

You come up with some most interesting propositions surely.. Hope it works 

I always had excellent service with Crown  tech support , the techs are numero uno in my book