MARCH MADNESS 2022

DizRotus

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

EDIT:  Postponed due to UM COVID issues.

The game today at 2:30 pm EST on FOX between MSU & UM should be a good one.

Michigan needs victories, especially a “quality” win over a top 10 opponent, if their NCAA Tournament hopes are to be realized.  The Wolverines must play like their hair is on fire.  If they lose a rivalry game at home, their season is toast.  On the other hand, a Spartan loss on the road would not hurt their season as much.

Both teams should bring intensity to make for an exciting contest.

• 1 month later...

College Football and Basketball - at least for the top tier schools like the Power 5 conferences - are no more.    It's now just a professional league  ---- so forget about amateurism at least for the top tier Power 5 conference schools. 

if I'm a player, a great player, a top-15 player coming out of high school, I want to hear about the name - image - likeness money.

You know, a practice facility's nice.  Traditions are nice ....

But if I am a top HS player  - that's not going to affect me.

I want to know how much money you're going to give me if I come to your school and that's not just OSU or UM,

that's everywhere now....

So for Power 5 schools, the criteria is, you better figure out a way to get some money together that's available to these kids. 

Because it's just another pro league now in terms of what college basketball or college football are at the top level.

• Like 1

Ugh!  Iowa and Purdon't?  Gonna be interesting for sure.  Painter has been around since 2005?  Had me wondering when I saw his interview.  So I guess I was still shooting sports in 2005.  lol  Remembered his first game against OSU and he wasn't too bad then.

• Like 1

Some great games.  Several upsets.  Iowa and Kentucky have done serious damage to my bracket.

Tomorrow Izzo and the Spartans take on Krzyzewski and the Blue Devils.  Duke is favored, so we’ve got them right where we want them.

GO GREEN!

• Like 1

• DizRotus changed the title to MARCH MADNESS 2022