Need advice on La Scala I'm considering

Rotobadger

1 minute ago, RandyH said:

he never posted his speakers for sale , send him a PM , he 's on the East Coast -

Ah, thanks for letting me know.  Unfortunately, I live in Phoenix.  I'm actually working in NYC right now but I  don't think United Airlines would consider 2 La Scala as carry on.  Maybe if I bought each one a first class seat?

Still waiting to hear back from @Schu

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

4500$ would get you a used set of Original  Klipsch Lascala II  ,  or even klipsch Lascala II  70th Anniversary - rather than a Modified pair of LS  -

The LS II is night and day in comparison to an LS -

@Schu  can be reached in Las Vegas /4500$ OBO for a pair of klipsch Lascala II  70th Anniversary-

https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-scala-70th-anniversary-edition

image.jpeg.32672e6d546415337a8cd8be7d93392d.jpeg

A second forum Member could be reached for a pair of LSII  @wstrickland1

Do you own updated La Scala‘s or La Scala 2s?

2 hours ago, Rotobadger said:

@ClaudeJ1That's excellent.  Thanks for posting this.  My next door neighbor has the tools to be able to do this job as well and he digs projects.  So, this would be a good way to go.

Question: Since the Anarchy drivers are obviously passive, where do they connect?  To the La Scala in order to get powered from your amp?

You will need to buy 2 of  the cheapest plate amps from Parts Express. About $50 each AFAIR. the curves I shared were made from that amp, which is part of the cabinet.

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-SA25-25W-Subwoofer-Amplifier-300-782

6 minutes ago, Shakeydeal said:

I agree about the LS II, go for them instead. Much better than earlier lascalas to my ears.

Let me ask you this since you've compared both.  Do the LS II have that same open and super forward highs and mids that the Heresy 1 exhibit?  I mentioned earlier that I've read that the La Scala have a lot of the same qualities as the Heresy, just way bigger soundstage and way more immersive.  I'm really after the precise "live in person" sound.

The Klipsch resto guys are local to me and I've met them when selling some cornwall parts in the past. Their shop is legit and they seemed nice enough. I'll often see their speakers here on the DFW craigslist and I find their taste questionable at times. They oversell the "upgraded components" sourced from Crites to justify the premium they usually ask. I don't think they're nefarious in nature, but I have to imagine they saw what Volti audio does and figured they could capture a piece of that market by simply applying their carpentry skills to rehab and flip some speakers.

You're paying a premium for those speakers, and all of it goes to some fresh black paint and veneer - just keep that in mind.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RandyH said:

4500$ would get you a used set of Original  Klipsch Lascala II  ,  or even klipsch Lascala II  70th Anniversary - rather than a Modified pair of LS  -

The LS II is night and day in comparison to an LS -

@Schu  can be reached in Las Vegas /4500$ OBO for a pair of klipsch Lascala II  70th Anniversary-

https://www.klipsch.com/products/la-scala-70th-anniversary-edition

image.jpeg.32672e6d546415337a8cd8be7d93392d.jpeg

A second forum Member could be reached for a pair of LSII  @wstrickland1

Hmm...

I've messaged @Schuand haven't heard back from him at this point.  I do really want to chat with him about his LS.  It's fortunate that Phoenix is a pretty easy drive to Vegas.

I'd just need to find a friend foolish enough to go with me with his truck.  Or rent one.  I don't think these will fit in my wife's Acura RDX.  And DEFINITELY not my Dodge Challenger!

Schu, hope to hear from you soon!

Edited by Rotobadger

34 minutes ago, Rotobadger said:

Hmm...

I've messaged @Schuand haven't heard back from him at this point. 

great , all you have to do , now  is wait  for his response ,  it's 9h15pm in Vegas   but 12h15pm in NYS  so he'll most likely reach you on Monday 

16 minutes ago, RandyH said:

great , all you have to do , now  is wait  for his response ,  it's 9h15pm in Vegas   but 12h15pm in NYS  so he'll most likely reach you Monday 

Well, I messaged him at around 3:30 today. But, he may be busy with family stuff or something.  I’ll look a reply tomorrow. 

@Rotobadger, sometimes fate smiles upon you.

Those LS IIs for sale by the forum member down the highway from you are a no-brainer if you want a one-and-done, sit back and rest on your laurels, spend two weeks in Mexico trying to have the perma-smile on your face removed by a cash only doctor purchase.

But, if like most the rest of here, you want to always be searching for what if, and what next, you COULD go another route, lol.

I have two pairs of La Scala Industrial splits with upgrades and would trade them both for a pair of La Scala IIs sight unseen in a heartbeat.

Best of luck to you on a giant leap forward.

• Like 1