Need advice on La Scala I'm considering

Rotobadger

On 11/23/2021 at 8:00 AM, Tom05 said:

Stock original Lascala’s are hard to beat, lots of people think that they can improve their sound , that is debatable,and subjective, I personally would pay a premium price for a set of nice originals . 🤓

Interesting take. I’ve fallen into the trap of “newer must be better”. In fact, I really enjoyed my Heresy 1. Beautiful HWO. Only thing done was a recap with Sonicaps. 

Kinda regret selling them. I will keep my Forte III but basically want big sound big stage big imaging Heresy. Would that be the La Scala. 1989-ish?

• Like 1

I’ve got a set of 1996 Lascala’s   behind my movie screen,  using one of them as a center channel .Big sound big stage ,yes !! ,Klipschorn and Lascala are in a league of their own . The Lascala is  voiced like the Heresy ,so  you kinda know what you’re getting. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/23/2021 at 5:00 AM, Tom05 said:

Stock original Lascala’s are hard to beat, lots of people think that they can improve their sound , that is debatable,and subjective, I personally would pay a premium price for a set of nice originals . 🤓

Couldn't agree more with this statement. Just got a pair of stock '77's yesterday and have already got way more enjoyment out of them then I expected. I also have a pair of 77 all stock Cornies, and they're great. But I like the LaScala's even more. I don't find them harsh, I find the bass fine for me, and love their looks. Simply a wonderful piece of gear.

spacer.png

• Like 3