KHorns at auction. Franklin, TN

uteman1011

4 hours ago, uteman1011 said:

These look gorgeous!
"PAIR OF KLIPSCHORNS, STILL IN PRIGINAL PACKAGING FIRST SPEAKER STICKER TYPE AK-2 SECOND SPEAKER, I DIDN'T TAKE THE TOP PART OUT OF THE BOX SECOND SPEAKER STICKER"

they DO look gorgeous! IDK what type grille cloth that is but I like it.

and btw, thanks @uteman1011 for sharing this find. I'm not sure how I'll get any sleep between now & when the auction closes...

• Like 3

Ha Ha reserve not met! Only an auction after you pay at least what the owner wants. In this day and time of crazy prices who knows what they will go for.

I am not far away if someone wants to bid and have them stored for a while before they pick them up. Not forever mind you but a decent period of time.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dave A said:

I am not far away if someone wants to bid and have them stored for a while before they pick them up. Not forever mind you but a decent period of time.

Hmmmm; I'm even closer than you Dave, but I'll be out of town during the 6 hour window to pick them up. I'll have to think about that.

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

Ha Ha reserve not met! Only an auction after you pay at least what the owner wants. In this day and time of crazy prices who knows what they will go for.

I might need to chat you up to talk about this... to grab that pair, assuming a reasonable reserve value, a weekend pickup would certainly be easier to plan.  but, at a good price, you know, we sometimes surprise ourselves at what we can manage to pull off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uteman1011 said:

The same auction company has another pair (pretty rough looking) in Kingston Springs, TN. KLIPSCH KLIPSCHORNS | Live and Online Auctions on HiBid.com

They're currently at $3k with "reserve not met" (47 bids so far).  Hopefully they don't have the reserve set to $10k on the nicer pair.  

these are in a very rough shape ,-

56 minutes ago, -js- said:

I might need to chat you up to talk about this... to grab that pair, assuming a reasonable reserve value,

these are not gonna sell under 5k$ , or I would be very surprised ---plus there is a seller premium and  taxes

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RandyH said:

these are not gonna sell under 5k$ , or I would be very surprised ---plus there is a seller premium and  taxes

and you very well may be right. but I will keep on looking if that turns out to be the case.

oh well. I've been looking. and I may just keep on looking. we shall see.

and yes, not happy about the buyer premium, but that's part of this deal. so be it.

if I want them, have to play their game.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, -js- said:

and you very well may be right. but I will keep on looking if that turns out to be the case.

the speakers are worth it being in mint condition  and you're close by , so ---good luck , hope it works out....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, -js- said:

I might need to chat you up to talk about this... to grab that pair, assuming a reasonable reserve value, a weekend pickup would certainly be easier to plan.  but, at a good price, you know, we sometimes surprise ourselves at what we can manage to pull off.

6 hour window? Well with this much advance notice no problem. I am not at all interested in KHorns but I will help someone who is. Keep me posted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well maybe someone from here was the winning bidder.  Bidding was very slow until the last 2-3 minutes,  when the price jumped 2k-2500 in the last 5 minutes.  Hammer price was $6500 +up to 13% buyers premium. 

Oh well.  I'm not quitting; just have to keep looking/watching. 

• Like 2