KHorns at auction. Franklin, TN

uteman1011

Less the 40% he paid the auctioneer. The premium was only 10% if you paid cash. I passed on some near Tulsa for 3,000. They were un-collared raw birch. They even had the same bad brown finish on them. I came close to buying them but decided I would hate myself for not spending a little more and getting oiled walnut or mahogany. Ive seen several the sellers just chose to keep a while longer. I’m still looking.

• Like 1

Sometimes I'm a bit "commitment adverse " in that I'm not always sure I wanna pull the trigger.  So to avoid any undue effort etc with fellow forum folk,  I've not yet come out with a WTB post. 

But I do watch much more frequently than I have in a while.  And responded to a couple FS posts that didn't turn out. 

IMG_3210.thumb.jpeg.58b87bad2881be5cb4010ea895ac2b72.jpeg

I was the winning bidder and they are AWESOME!  Original boxes and owners manual.  Note on back of Owners Manual:  Delivered: Saturday April 9, 1988 by L J Johnson & Friend.  These guys are in excellent condition and sound fantastic.

My first Klipsch speakers - 1978 Maple Finish Heresy's, traded them in for LaScala's (Raw).  Got Heresy II's - Walnut in 2016.  Sold LaScala's last November.  Have always wanted Klipshorn's - finally these were available in Franklin (Where I Live).  Growing up in Arkansas I got to go the the factory in 1978.  Still have souvenir from that trip - see picture.  

Thanks uteman1011 for posting!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Franklinscouter said:

I was the winning bidder and they are AWESOME!  Original boxes and owners manual.  Note on back of Owners Manual:  Delivered: Saturday April 9, 1988 by L J Johnson & Friend.  These guys are in excellent condition and sound fantastic.

congrats on winning the auction. I was a competing bidder who would rather I had won, but that's how it goes sometimes.

sounds like they're in a good home, and that's important. so congrats again to you, and enjoy.

• Like 2