WTB Klipsch La Scala II

Rotobadger

23 minutes ago, michaelwardjoines said:

Excuse me; kinda hard to figure out shipping if you don't know where they are.

Ok, my apologies if I misinterpreted your post. 

They’d be going from South Carolina to Phoenix, AZ.  Unfortunately, not a quick drive. I was in early talks with someone in Texas (about a 10 hour drive from me) but looks like that’s not going to work out. 

4 minutes ago, Rotobadger said:

Oh, absolutely. I certainly couldn’t hold you (or any seller) responsible for what a shipper does. 

Just don’t try to shove them into a paper bag. 

But seriously, I’m going to investigate further. They’re exactly what I want. 

what about plastic.... ;)

or the original cartons !!

Mine came from the dealer strapped to a pallet (one bin & HF per pallet) via Yellow Freight. Picked them up at Yellow's terminal. Any LTL carrier can transport them. Its getting them strapped to a pallet and to the freight company that takes some work. I assume you can pay to get someone to pick them up, but probably not the palletizing of the speakers.

Mike 

18 minutes ago, michaelwardjoines said:

Mine came from the dealer strapped to a pallet (one bin & HF per pallet) via Yellow Freight. Picked them up at Yellow's terminal. Any LTL carrier can transport them. Its getting them strapped to a pallet and to the freight company that takes some work. I assume you can pay to get someone to pick them up, but probably not the palletizing of the speakers.

Mike 

Any ideas as to what the cost would be to pallet and ship freight?

From some dealer's websites, the lowest freight charge I've seen in $400. However, that is just a freight charge from a commercial location to a freight terminal. Any number I threw out would be a guess, but you still need to box the speakers up, palletize them and transport them to a freight terminal. I suspect that would add several hundred more to the tab. It would be like hiring a mover.

4 minutes ago, michaelwardjoines said:

From some dealer's websites, the lowest freight charge I've seen in $400. However, that is just a freight charge from a commercial location to a freight terminal. Any number I threw out would be a guess, but you still need to box the speakers up, palletize them and transport them to a freight terminal. I suspect that would add several hundred more to the tab. It would be like hiring a mover.

Yeah, that’s what I figured. At the end of the day I could be creeping into used AL5 territory (if I could actually find them locally or nearby). 

30 minutes ago, Rotobadger said:

Yeah, that’s what I figured. At the end of the day I could be creeping into used AL5 territory (if I could actually find them locally or nearby). 

Or.....you could consider very nicely upgraded vintage La Scalas that would cost considerably less than LS2s or certainly used AL5s, and be very, very happy with them.

2 hours ago, Rotobadger said:

and another ---------the LS II are  quite close 

2 hours ago, Rotobadger said:

now the Lascala II ---Effortlessly clear 

• Like 1

La Scala IIs don’t just sound great, they look so good that they dress up the room.  My main speakers were an old black-painted pair of first-gen La Scalas, and when I saw a pair of LS2 for sale not far from me (still a $150 return ferry ticket, plus gas, and dinner for me and my helper), I jumped on them, and I’m glad I did.  They came with the original boxes, which was excellent.  We crammed all four boxes into my Grand Caravan without the slightest damage and headed for home!  If I had a girlfriend, she’d have been thrilled at how much better-looking the LS2s were, and how much better the living room looked.

The old Scalas went behind the sofa and armchair, and make perfect surround partners for the LS2s.

Alternatively, if you can find mint Belles, they sound pretty good, and can be easily upgraded.  A plus is that if you can find a third one (you might have to buy a pair to get a single.  I did.), it makes a great TV stand, and you’ll have perfectly matched sound across the front, even if you have such a wide room that a centre speaker is essential.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 10:55 AM, wstrickland1 said:

$4,500, A Stock, all packaging. You'd have to ship from 29420

Photos [links.flickr.com]

I'm in Summerville, any chance I could demo these at your convenience. I've been considering some for awhile, and finding someplace locally that has them is difficult unless I wanted to drive to Charlotte.