Gil McDermott Needs some thoughts/prayers (Formerly: Any one in the Chicago area want some speakers?)

JoeR

My brother-in-law, Gil McDermott, was a frequent participant in this forum.  Gil had a stroke and will likely be in a nursing home when he gets out of the hospital.  He has a number of speakers and speaker components in his condo, which will have to be disposed of.  He built custom Klipsch design speakers as a hobby.  I don't have an exact count but there were about half a dozen 15" speakers, still in their boxes, 2 complete custom built "K" speakers, and other gear.  I don't have an exact list right now.  I will be headed back to Chicago and to inventory his belongings for the probate court, if anyone is interested I will post more info when I have it.

[Moderator Edit: Moved this from Alerts to Lounge so more people will see it as Gil has been a mainstay on this Forum for 20 years or so. I thought people would want to know and maybe we can get some updates on his condition. When his brother-in-law has the list we will help them get that set up in Garage Sale section]

• Like 2
  • Sad 10

4 hours ago, JoeR said:

My brother-in-law, Gil McDermott, was a frequent participant in this forum.  Gil had a stroke and will likely be in a nursing home when he gets out of the hospital.  He has a number of speakers and speaker components in his condo, which will have to be disposed of.  He built custom Klipsch design speakers as a hobby.  I don't have an exact count but there were about half a dozen 15" speakers, still in their boxes, 2 complete custom built "K" speakers, and other gear.  I don't have an exact list right now.  I will be headed back to Chicago and to inventory his belongings for the probate court, if anyone is interested I will post more info when I have it.

can you please tell us what was Gil McDermott,  klipsch forum name  tx

48 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

This is very sad news.

I have the utmost respect for Gil, he is truly one of the good guys on the forum. I sincerely hope things take a turn for the better. 

My feelings exactly.  Perhaps a member in the Chicago area can help you inventory the collection.  A PM to you from such a member could be a start.  A word to the wise, just because someone contacts you through this forum does not guarantee that they are knowledgeable or honest.

If I can be of any assistance from afar, please send a PM.

Best wishes to Gil and to you.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, JoeR said:

Very sad news. I met Gil at the first Jubefest in Hope. He was always very, very interested in Klipsch history and technical papers. 

@JoeR I hope you will keep us updated.

Travis

• Like 1

• Travis In Austin changed the title to Gil McDermott Needs some thoughts/prayers (Formerly: Any one in the Chicago area want some speakers?)

I hope this isn’t as bad as it sounding and somehow instead something Gil is able to recover from in time. I have always appreciated and respected Gil’s contributions to this forum and especially his technical abilities and knowledge.

I hope and pray the best for you my friend…!!!

miketn 

• Like 7

I know that Gil had built of set of the Speakerlab SKhorns, which, although not exact copies of the Klipschorn, were/are very good if built correctly (or perhaps overbuilt in Gil's case). He is always a gentleman. Prayers  for a good recovery!

• Like 3

• Klipsch Employees
21 hours ago, JoeR said:

[Moderator Edit: Moved this from Alerts to Lounge so more people will see it as Gil has been a mainstay on this Forum for 20 years or so. I thought people would want to know and maybe we can get some updates on his condition. When his brother-in-law has the list we will help them get that set up in Garage Sale section]

Praying for my friend, Gil……..

• Like 3