WTB---ANYONE SELLING ALK OR DEAN G CROSSOVERS FOR STOCK LA SCALA'S?

edzu1234

• edzu1234 changed the title to WTB---ANYONE SELLING ALK OR DEAN G CROSSOVERS FOR STOCK LA SCALA'S?

I have a pair of the ALK original Crossvers that I bought from a forum member that said they were the only brand new unused for $550.00 about 4yrs ago and they are still unused all I did was open the and looked at them never installed had to many other things going on at the time They are not the economy they are the original ALK, $550.00 they are yours then you can say you have the only original ALK never installed 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 6:00 PM, Curious_George said:

I guess "easily built" depends on the skills you have. I frequently forget we are all blessed or not blessed with certain skills. 

Not to mention the difference between the two crossovers

On 11/19/2021 at 7:27 PM, edzu1234 said:

ANYONE SELLING ALK OR DEAN G CROSSOVERS FOR STOCK LA SCALA'S?

AT A REASONABLE PRICE.  PLEASE CONTACT ME.

Is it your car in your avatar? I have a pair of original ALK Universal xovers from 2006 that have only played for half a year. Freight costs from Germany to Mars should not be higher than from the USA.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, attanasio666 said:

Doesn't ALK still do business? Why don't you just buy it from him?

I'm sure he does, but I would think that the OP might be looking for a somewhat reduced cost and time to acquire.  And I know that @Crankysoldermeisteris still building, although not sure of his backlog and his desire to take on new work.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:27 AM, pcbiz said:

How are they different sonically?

The most significant difference between the AA and ALK Universal is in the upper midrange to lower tweeter transition (mid / tweeter crossover) point.

The AA lets the midrange roll off naturally versus a 12dB roll off of the ALK Universal. 

I believe what most people hear as a difference between the two crossovers is the excess upper midrange interacting with the lower tweeter frequencies in the crossover region. This might be described as a more "intimate" or "full" or "lush" or "engaging" or any another term for "an excess of something" in a certain area. 

I personally like the way the ALK Universal sounds, but the AA for how simple it is, works quite well and there is nothing wrong with it.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Curious_George said:

The AA lets the midrange roll off naturally versus a 12dB roll off of the ALK Universal.

The electrical simulations don't show what his happening acoustically. If you measure with a microphone, out of network, the K-55 drops like a rock due to its mass break-point. You can add a .37-.40mH inductor in series with the K-55 to increase the rate of roll off even more. 

35 minutes ago, Curious_George said:

This might be described as a more "intimate" or "full" or "lush" or "engaging" or any another term for "an excess of something" in a certain area.

An "excess" of what exactly? How do you know the Universal just isn't "missing something" - or maybe it has an "excess" of something?

K55_horns.gif