H III or H IV

Dave N

Hello Klipsch Folks!

I will be placing some Heresys in a cabinet similar to member AuditMan's (thanks AuditMan) .  I'm in a situation where this positioning is necessary.  I'm concerned with the rear port on the IV's and seeking advice from the community. 

Thanks for your input! 

Den after.jpg

Thanks!  I was thinking III’s. The amp isn’t mine. I plan on pairing them with a Decware Torii JR. Also could try Marantz 2245 or Pioneer 6500 integrated. I will have more room above the speakers than in the pictures so will have room to raise them. 

I’m new to Heritage but have been listening to a couple pairs of RB 81 ii for a few years. 

D

I used my H1s as L/R “bookshelf” speakers in a cabinet, they sounded just fine. Maybe a slightly diminished bass response, maybe just enhanced mids  & highs from the elevation. They were mounted a bit higher than the ones in your photo. I’d think the rear port on HIVs would cause issues, maybe not?

Just a thought. It is a compromise to enclose a Heresy (like any other compact speaker) in a shelf or cavity. If it comes to the question whether a Heresy 3 or a Heresy 4 then I would be very taken with the development in the midrange and tweeter horn with the H4. Therefore, the consideration whether one could not somehow seal the rear bass reflex port.