Distortion on Some Tracks (Particular Resonance Problem?)(Heresy IV)

I would be inclined to think, as mentioned above, that you are running out of juice in your amps if playing really loud.

If a really bass heavy track is causing your amp to clip then you could definitely hear it in the mid and tweeter.

Do you have a way to play that digital source file on a computer and view a frequency analysis?

it could be that one side has more sub bass that is really pushing your amps too hard.

On 11/22/2021 at 6:03 AM, Invidiosulus said:

I would be inclined to think, as mentioned above, that you are running out of juice in your amps if playing really loud.

If a really bass heavy track is causing your amp to clip then you could definitely hear it in the mid and tweeter.

Do you have a way to play that digital source file on a computer and view a frequency analysis?

it could be that one side has more sub bass that is really pushing your amps too hard.

I've been listening for several days now. I think this might be the case. I've actually never really maxed out an amp, so I wasn't sure what it sounded like, but this must be the issue. The speakers seem completely fine. I do believe one side of the track has heavier bass than the other, but I don't currently know how to measure that. I appreciate everyone's help here. I was losing my mind. 

• Like 2