Replacement for a Kapp 15c woofer

I am looking to get some more woofers for my 2nd pair of MEHs, and Beyma is in México City....so I can get a good deal. Which would be as good or better?

15WRS400

474e561a77289834fe5b4db1974a98c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

This woofer is not their least expensive   , but it can be ordered with 4 or 8 Ohms

15WRS400

• NEW 15" Mid-Bass / Bass Speaker
  • Steel Frame
  • 4 or 8 Ohms
  • 35Hz-4kHz
  • 400 Watts AES
  • 800 Watts Program
  • Designed With MMS Technology For Low Distortion
  • 6.3mm Xmax
  • Waterproof Cone
  • Clean Transparent Mids & Deep Rich Thick Bass Sound
  • Nice Bass 15" Guitar Speaker As A Stand Alone Speaker
  • Can Also Be Used In 2 or 3-Way Speaker Systems As A Mid-Bass/Bass Speaker

• Like 1

What I am hoping to do is get my 20hz bass up while maintaining the tightness in the bass and the clarity in the mids. I was thinking of even trying 4 15"ers or 2 18"ers. I am budgeting around $600 per channel for the woofers. 

One thing I have noticed from the frequency response curves is they spike  in impedance on the low frequencies...maybe I should look at 8ohm woofers and change to a amp that gives more power into 8ohms?

• Like 1

4 15 inch Woofers for 600$  sounds like  a plan , I would look for some used  JBL 2205 , these woofers can dig pretty low in the right enclosure , and they can produce a super tight bass given their cone structure is not as deep  - similar woofers today cost 600$ a piece -

• Like 1

Would a small cabinet be good... I am looking at a pretty small enclosure. About a 2' cube with the horn and woofers in it. It looks like most on Ebay are 16 ohm and are around $200 and up each. I did see where some have been under $100, but none now at that low price.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Email the seller .......the 2 woofers  are quite similar in specs  -the Celestion is 8 Ohms

they only have 3 Celestions left at 100$  ,you need 4 minimum , regular price is 180$ -

-Cameron@speakeraddict.com

• Like 1

Email the seller .......the 2 woofers  are quite similar in specs  -the Celestion is 8 Ohms
they only have 3 Celestions left at 100$  ,you need 4 minimum , regular price is 180$ -
-Cameron@speakeraddict.com

Message sent... I can get a 4th off Amazon for $129.

He suggested  the Celestion ftr15-3070e, and gave me a better deal. He said these are better on the bottom end than the other Celestion...which is about the same as the kappa on the bottom with a smoother top.

• Like 1

The ones he is giving me the deal on are 8ohm...so I will try driving 2 speakers off of 1 amp module, and also look for a amp module that is for 8ohm and try 1 amp per module again. I might look for plate amps.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RandyH said:

he's a cool guy   , these are cast woofers -great

I might be upgrading my compression drivers next year to the same ones that are in the new Jubilees too.

• Like 1

It 's an excellent choice ,I'm also looking at buying a pair ,  the Axi 2050 is pretty much in a league of it's own ,  and it's  cheaper than TAD drivers , used price is like 1400$ for a pair as we speak -

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1598234160391737/permalink/3052712568277215/?sale_post_id=3052712568277215&sfnsn=mo&ref=share

• Like 1

Here is a REW from my current setup...with the top 2 being individual amps per woofer. 2nd pic is the spec for the Kappa 15c. 3rd is the Celestion. A 10db improvement at 20hz, and lower impedance which should also increase my 20hz spl, correct? Then adding 2 more woofers will get me another 3db. I am hoping to be real close to flat at 20hz...what do gou think?

Old left channel compared to new after amps .png

Screenshot_20211124-102904_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20211124-102810_Chrome.jpg

You're going to be very pleased  with 2 more drivers ,but ,   I would be curious to see  a comparison between the Celestion and the Eminence with or without 2 more drivers , since the improvement in  SPL  is not subtle at all   ,  and yes , it sure looks like the Celestion has the potential  to be real close to flat at 20hz in an MEH -

• Like 1

If 2 gets me where I want I will only need 2. I will build the one with 2 first and see where it gets me. If 2 is good enough I will have enough for the 2nd horn too.

• Like 1

@NBPK402 the one thing I noticed is that you are getting bass down to 25hz.  I have essentially the same speakers and they nosedive at 35hz.  I do have 8ohm woofers wired in parallel (4ohm combined). 
no idea if that could make a difference.

Ted

• Like 1