Decorator Klipschorn cabinets for sale

superfinemind

Hello All

I am selling a pair of decorator Klipschorn cabinets only (no drivers, horns or electronics), and will post photos, serial numbers, etc. tomorrow.  The serial numbers are consecutive, and the writing from the original assembly in Hope is still very clearly legible inside the bass bin access door.  The K33 woofers are still in place, and I am debating whether to leave these in or remove them for use on other projects.  I may also have the original networks, and K77's in need of diaphrams.  One top hat has water damage but can probably be repaired without losing the motorboard at all.    There is no water damage at all to the bass bins.  The backs have been painted at some point, and the current overall presentation is what I would call "scruffy", but I firmly believe these will clean up just fine.    These differ from the older Decorators in that the top hats are separate from the bass bins, so installing spacers to mimic the B-style would be easy.  I will sell these complete with new 3/4" raw birch wood fronts to the cabinets, birch top hats and birch speaker cloth frames for the sides.  These would be an excellent starting point for a budget Klipschorn build, especially if you have some spares laying around like I do, and they still have lots of life in them.  I've got several other Heritage projects to complete, and I have a line on a pair of low mileage 1974 Klipschorn KBWO in almost mint condition that I can pick up locally at a good price, so you know, path of least resistance so to speak.  With a few parts and some TLC, these would be the killer garage or workshop setup of all time.      

Happy Thanksgiving to All. 

Greg      

9 minutes ago, superfinemind said:

Hello All

I am selling a pair of decorator Klipschorn cabinets only (no drivers, horns or electronics), and will post photos, serial numbers, etc. tomorrow.  The serial numbers are consecutive, and the writing from the original assembly in Hope is still very clearly legible inside the bass bin access door.  The K33 woofers are still in place, and I am debating whether to leave these in or remove them for use on other projects.  I may also have the original networks, and K77's in need of diaphrams.  One top hat has water damage but can probably be repaired without losing the motorboard at all.    There is no water damage at all to the bass bins.  The backs have been painted at some point, and the current overall presentation is what I would call "scruffy", but I firmly believe these will clean up just fine.    These differ from the older Decorators in that the top hats are separate from the bass bins, so installing spacers to mimic the B-style would be easy.  I will sell these complete with new 3/4" raw birch wood fronts to the cabinets, birch top hats and birch speaker cloth frames for the sides.  These would be an excellent starting point for a budget Klipschorn build, especially if you have some spares laying around like I do, and they still have lots of life in them.  I've got several other Heritage projects to complete, and I have a line on a pair of low mileage 1974 Klipschorn KBWO in almost mint condition that I can pick up locally at a good price, so you know, path of least resistance so to speak.  With a few parts and some TLC, these would be the killer garage or workshop setup of all time.      

Happy Thanksgiving to All. 

Greg      

Welcome to the klipsch forum , can you please take th time to post your Location , some pictures of the Speakers and of course the asking price , this would help Forum Members in your area to reply to the AD

22 minutes ago, superfinemind said:

, and I have a line on a pair of low mileage 1974 Klipschorn KBWO in almost mint condition that I can pick up locally at a good price, so you know, path of least resistance so to speak...

this would not be the 1st time I've missed something, but I don't understand the connection to the 74 KBWO. you have a line on that pair if a member is interested? or you're looking at that pair for yourself? or did you 'splain this & I missed it.

thanks.

On 11/22/2021 at 4:53 PM, -js- said:

this would not be the 1st time I've missed something, but I don't understand the connection to the 74 KBWO. you have a line on that pair if a member is interested? or you're looking at that pair for yourself? or did you 'splain this & I missed it.

thanks.

I have a line on a pair for myself, that will keep me from having to rebuild the decorator models.  Sorry for the lack clarity.  Happy Thanksgiving..!

• Like 1

Please see the attached photos re serial numbers.  DIRTMUDD posted photos via the link I sent him earlier (thanks so much..!!).  

I'm asking $500 for the bare cabinets and all the woodwork shown.  $750 will get you that, plus (2) working square magnet K-55's, (2) round magnet k-77's (one needs a diaphragm), and a pair of working midrange drivers to fit the K400.  I also have two spare networks (AA or AL I think, but I will confirm) for $50.  So <$1000 would get you a pair of kick *** genuine Klipschorn workshop or garage speakers, and with just a little more you could dress these up with veneer and proudly have them in the house. 

Let me know of any questions.  I can aid with delivery along the gulf coast, and can crate and ship these to ship via motor freight anywhere in the US. 

Thanks everyone for your interest. 

Greg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...