Thinking about some La Scala's

Driftergtr2501

Hello everyone, 

New Forum member here; so long time lurker, but far from new to the Klipsch family.  So this is a bit of an introduction as well as a bit of a fact finding post.  I've had a pair of Hersey 1.5's for years, and still love them as much as the day i got them. I've also had some other misc. Klipsch speakers  through the years. But lately, I've had a bit of an itch to step into something larger for my 2 channel listening.  I've considered the Cornwall's; but If I really went with what I want It would be some La Scala's. Those, or a pair of K-horns would be my endgame speakers.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate anyone that has a pair locally, and the closest pair in a show room is just shy of 5 hours away.  That being said, I wanted to get some informed opinions as to which way I should go.  And of course if there happened to be some enthusiast's nearby that wouldn't mind putting me through my paces, that would be great as well.  

Edited by Driftergtr2501
  • Like 1

Well you can hardly go wrong with any one of your options. But the size of your room will dictate whether khorns will make the cut. Some here shoehorn them into less than optimal rooms and while they will indeed sound good, you don’t get what you paid for. My room is 15.5’ wide and I felt that width wasn’t enough for khorns. If you sit where the imaging is good, you are too close.  Back up and you lose depth and image specificity.

I now have LaScala IIs and in my room they are far more enjoyable than the klipschorns were. I have also owned Cornwall IVs and they are very good indeed. Which one you would prefer is hard to say. Subs are optional with either depending on your room, but you definitely get more low bass on the CW.

Shakey

Asking for informed opinions is a form of getting indicators as to which speakers you need to go listen to in person. Fortunately with most Klipsch speakers once you get to the Heresy level and up if you decide you are not happy and want something else you can at least get your money back out if you bought used. If you are wanting to buy new I would not do so unless I could hear some in person in someones home. Ask on the forum for people who have what you are interested in and I bet you find some to listen to a lot closer. Additional bonus is if their system is really sweet you get to see how they did it.