Klipsch ATMOS to blend with Cornwall IIs

boom3

It was decided to go the 7.2 route and add two ATMOS speakers to the line-up, which consists of 4 Cornwall IIs and one Rythmik Audio sub (crossed at 60 Hz). We'll use a new Yamaha A4A. Any suggestions for Klipsch ATMOS units appreciated. BTW the listening room is 25 x 16 with a 12 foot peaked ceiling (the peak runs long ways).

Thanks in advance!

Are you thinking in-ceiling, on-ceiling?  I bought a pair of AW-650 'outdoor' speakers to use as Atmos because of the ease of installation (just drill two small holes in the ceiling for the mounting bracket) and for how easy they are to aim.

They go very well with my Heresy LCR and I was surprised how much they added to the overall sound when watching movies.

I am using RP-140SA (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZIQZBTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) in my 7.1.2 living room Heresy system. In ceiling speakers are not an option (ceiling fans).

Orginally had them on top of Corwalls, now Heresy IVs. They do a nice job with atmos stuff without standing out as different from the Heritage sound which was my main concern when buying them. In ceiling would prorbaly be better for atmos but if not an option I recommend these without hesitation.

9 hours ago, boom3 said:

Thanks. In-ceiling not an option. We have two 7 foot book cases flanking the Corns and I'm thinking the ATMOS could go on top of those. 

For Atmos, ideally you want the speakers above you.  If you put them in front like you're describing then they're height speakers.  In that location they won't give the Atmos effect.