5.1 Surround System

Sanny

Hi

I am a newbie and setting up my 1st ever Home Theater and Surround System. I am looking for some advice on what receiver / floor standing speakers / In ceiling /Center and Sub woofer to pick ? 

I have short listed these:
1. Center Channel and SW - BAR 48 SOUND BAR AND WIRELESS SUBWOOFER
2. R820F Floor Standing Speakers.

3. Klipsch CDT-5800-C II In-Ceiling Speaker - White
4. Denon AVR-X2600H 7.2 Channel 4K UHD AV Receiver, Supports Dolby Atmos, DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X, Amazon Alexa Compatible - Black 
      or 
Denon AVR-X2700H 7.2-Channel 8K Ultra HD AV Receiver with 3D Audio and HEOS Built-In - Model: AVRX2700H 

Don't go with a sound bar if you're going to use floorstanding speakers as your mains.  The best center is a third matching R-820F floorstanding speaker.  Second best would be the R-52C.

I wouldn't recommend ceiling speakers for your surround speakers unless they are being used as Atmos speakers in addition to your side and rear surround speakers.

• Like 1

@wuzzzer I already took a 5.1 connection from the builder, with 2 in ceiling rear speakers, 2 floor standing and a center.

1. For center - I ordered - RP - 504C

2. I went with CDT-5800 C II In ceiling speakers

3. Klipsch R-120 SW 

4. Denon X 2700 H 8k - 7.2 AV Receiver 2020 model $1500

5.  For Floor Standing - while RP 8000F is a clear winner, would want to know the downside if I go with 820F. Heard that the quality of sound is less when compared to 8000F. Is it worth to spend more? I am getting a pair of 820F @ $299 each while RP8000 - $622 each.

This whole set-up is costing $4,200. 

I just saw a deal where all comes at $2,400. (2 Klipsch RP 8000 F, Klipsch RP -504C, Klipsch SPL-100 10" 450 W SW, Onkyo TX-NR797 (2019), 2 Book shelf R-600M.

Now, thats an attractive deal, With no knowledge on the home theater world, what do you recommend? Will the Onkyo model serve my motive (Best experience for movie watching)  

I don't have any experience with Denon but the two Onkyo receivers I had were excellent for movies.

I've heard from many that the RP series is a noticeable upgrade over the R series.

That package looks like a really good deal.  If you were able to, you could use the bookshelf speakers as your surrounds and the in-ceiling speakers as Atmos.