Congratulations to Roy and the folks at Klipsch

PrestonTom

Congratulations to Roy and the folks at Klipsch !

The newest version of the Forte was listed as a finalist for both Stereophile's Speaker of the year and also as Editor's Choice for Component of the Year. 

In looking at the reviews and the competitors' prices, It might make sense for Klipsch to raise their prices to something astronomical. 

Congratulations to all ....

-Tom

https://www.stereophile.com/content/stereophiles-products-2021-component-year

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, RandyH said:

@Trey Cannon

Does anyone have pictures , or the specs sheet , or the Thiele TS parameters of the K-281 12” Fiber-composite cone woofer -

The woofer is used in the Forte III-Forte IV and the Klipsch Heritage Jubilee

Hey Guys, Why not focus this thread on congratulating Roy and the folks at Klipsch on the well-deserved recognition they are getting.

• Like 3

On 11/26/2021 at 9:22 PM, PrestonTom said:

Hey Guys, Why not focus this thread on congratulating Roy and the folks at Klipsch on the well-deserved recognition they are getting.

Sorry Tom , was just kidding , will do -tx

3 hours ago, garyrc said:

Maybe Micallef and Reichert should have reviewed the Klipschorn A6 for Stereophile.  At least they might have not raised up the Khorn on a dollyoutside in a driveway to measure it.

I agree.

That guy that did the KHorn AK6 "review" for them was a joke. Yeah let's put the biggest elitist measurements snob who has a bias against horns, perpetuates the same tired stereotypes about them and only listens to audiophile BS to review Klipsch's latest iteration of their timeless classic. Seems legit 🙄

• Like 1

Kudos to Roy and Co.   The Forte IV are so good !!!!    I just replaced my preamp with a Zesto Leto and my system sounds incredible.   If you're not familiar with Zesto , check them out .  This preamp elevated my system to a level of performance that is jaw dropping.   An incredible preamp, it has everything you could want for ins and outs and the sound is beyond reproach.    

The best thing about the Forte IV is that they really show off any changes to your system.   The difference in the Zesto and my CJ Classic was staggering .   Mind blown....  my brother was over the night I set it up and he just stood there with a stupid look on his face.... these speakers are worthy of top notch electronics.    I am having a Toolshed 300b amp built which should mesh well with the Zesto....

Thanks Roy

• Like 1

On 11/26/2021 at 1:22 PM, PrestonTom said:

In looking at the reviews and the competitors' prices, It might make sense for Klipsch to raise their prices to something astronomical. 

I just spit coffee on my keyboard. I then realized that you were probably being unintentionally funny.

People here almost universally agree that these publications are a joke, but then give a standing ovation when they tip their cap to a Klipsch product. 

So everyone knows the parts in these cost considerable less money than the parts they used to use, right?

• Klipsch Employees
1 hour ago, Deang said:

I just spit coffee on my keyboard. I then realized that you were probably being unintentionally funny.

People here almost universally agree that these publications are a joke, but then give a standing ovation when they tip their cap to a Klipsch product. 

So everyone knows the parts in these cost considerable less money than the parts they used to use, right?

What exactly is your point deano?

On 11/30/2021 at 8:06 AM, Deang said:

The Integrative Sum is always greater than the total of it's parts.

All of the, so called, "HiFi" publications have been historically pooh poohed by Klipscheads because they have always REFUSED to acknowledge the transient IMPACT (dynamics), Micro Detail, and Low Distortion of Fully Horn Loaded Systems and overall Superior REALISM when set up correctly.

A standing ovation is warranted for them to finally give Horns their Overdue accolades in the "Lay Press" (PWK Term).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

The Integrative Sum is always greater than the total of it's parts.

All of the, so called, "HiFi" publications have been historically pooh poohed by Klipscheads because they have always REFUSED to acknowledge the transient IMPACT (dynamics), Micro Detail, and Low Distortion of Fully Horn Loaded Systems and overall Superior REALISM when set up correctly.

A standing ovation is warranted for them to finally give Horns their Overdue accolades in the "Lay Press" (PWK Term).

Well said!

• Like 1

I still think they should be shunned. We never cared what these people think, so why start now.

There was also an obvious relationship between advertising dollars and the review products. Is Klipsch advertising with them now - just curious.

It wasn't my intent to crap on the accomplishment. 

My comment regarding cost has to do with the several price increases over the last couple of years while the parts cost in the speakers are seemingly going down. Of course I'm not the one building these, and since I don't have access to all of the information, I probably just should have kept my mouth shut.