Feeler: RF-82 ii and RF-62 ii

Dr_jitsu

EDIT: I am in the Houston area and will consider all reasonable offers. I did an extensive price search and prices on these speakers (used) ranged from $599 to $1k. The $599 pair came with a $299 shipping cost so pretty much $900. Therefore, my price of $575 is very reasonable. Post is no longer a feeler. 

Greetings forumites. I am trying to decided what to do. I have a 9 Kilpsch speaker set up which is really more than I need for my space. I was running RF 7's, rc 64 and the 82s up front, 82's and 62s in the rear. My amp went so I am trying to decide to just replace the amp, or scale down to a 5.1. to run off my AVR. My system is in my living room and is simply too loud for the house. I watch at night and can't play loud because it would disturb my family.

Thus I am trying to get a value for my speakers. They are all 10 years old but, like I said overkill, I rarely play the set up loud. I have 2 pair of RF=82s, one has some minor scratches and a bit of wear to the grill, the other pair look pretty close to out of the box flawless. The horns and everything related to sound production are perfect. 

I am thinking $595 for the flawless pair of 82's, $525 for the pair w/ minor wear. The RF-62s have minor wear/scratches and I am thinking should be priced at $275 for the pair. This would be for a local pick up, I am in the Houston area.

Thanks!

Program is not letting me upload pics, they exceed the 2 MB limit. If you have instagram you can see them here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CW1UzbPL6n8/

Edited by Dr_jitsu

Hello,

Since you aren't officially selling these (yet?) I will comment on the price(s) to help you out. I'm in the Chicago land area for price reference.

I bought an excellent condition set of RF-82's for $400 less than a year ago (one small mark on the side... not noticeable from several feet away or when it's placed in the room) and I thought that was a fair price.  I bought a mint a set of RF-62's (with a Yamaha receiver) for $200... but I think the guy just wanted the received gone, so that was considered a free-bee!

As far as going back to 5.1, I don't think that's a bad idea.  There is something to be said about the simplicity of that arrangement.  (I see some of the pictures posted online of people with their atmos set-up... their room looks like a messy college dorm room with wires dangling everywhere and components all over the place!  Also, one has to consider the signal quality of the content you are watching/listening to.  Netfix/Amazon Prime/etc.

I have a 7.2 processor, and I actually went back to a 5.2 speaker arrangement for simplicity because my home theater was turned into a play room (kids!) and my new "home theater" is a small area between the stairs and the storage room.... away from the play-doh and glitter ridden fingers of my daughters!

I hope this helps.

Thanks guys. Yes, I know commenting on price is a no no unless specifically requested, which I have done. Edit: No need to comment on price anymore as I have thoroughly researched the market. 

Thanks for the input IT. At those prices I would think that shipping is not viable... In fact it would be better to just give the 62's away. 

In any event this is all food for thought. For the $500 plus range a sale would be worth the trouble, but at $400 for the 82's I might as well keep them rather than go through the hassle of selling them. EDIT: After extensive searching, these are going for $900 or more shipped so a fantasy offer of $400 will be ignored. 

All food for thought, thanks.

Edited by Dr_jitsu
  • Like 1