WTB Speakers in Maine

Amphicar

Hello, I am home for the holidays and finally have my sister talked into buying a vintage stereo.  We are getting her a Marantz 2215 and still need speakers.  I am a Klipsch nut and think the low wattage of her amp will pair best with something Heritage.  I have Heresys, previously had La Scala’s and currently have KPT-904’s.  Have owned several sets of KG4’s and KG2’s.  Anybody selling anything in or near the great state of Maine?  Probably Cornwalls are as large as she would want in her house.  Shopping under $1,000, please. 

Edited by Amphicar

Thanks for the help!  She has been talking about going to New England Hifi for a while but has not made the trip down.  Good deal on some fortes.  We ended up getting her a Marantz 2015 and a single KP201 (I couldn’t pass it up, and I know of another single to make a pair.). On the way out the door, the owner of the store said “oh I’ve got some rough Fortes out back” which turned out to be quartets, but for $100 I jumped on them.  She does not care about aesthetics, and they sound GREAT!

• Like 1

On 11/29/2021 at 2:45 PM, Amphicar said:

Thanks for the help!  She has been talking about going to New England Hifi for a while but has not made the trip down.  Good deal on some fortes.  We ended up getting her a Marantz 2015 and a single KP201 (I couldn’t pass it up, and I know of another single to make a pair.). On the way out the door, the owner of the store said “oh I’ve got some rough Fortes out back” which turned out to be quartets, but for $100 I jumped on them.  She does not care about aesthetics, and they sound GREAT!

What store did you find those at, in Maine?? curious that is a fantastic deal.

11 minutes ago, Amphicar said:

A now closed antiques store, I recognized the owners name in a facebook ad as a family friend and went to meet him.  

Excellent! So “Friends and neighbors” can do more than send you a draft notice.