Wow factor fading – now looking to upgrade

Boston Chris

9 hours ago, captainbeefheart said:

Wow that is just fantastic! I am so happy you got one too. If you need the service manual for it I can email it to you. My unit didn't work when I got also and I forget what it was but it was something really stupid like the preamp to power amp jumpers or something, I just remember it was a real easy fix except for the cabinet I had to refinish. Yes it is vaneer on the cabinet but looks really nice. Fabulous unit for the price, you will be happy when you get inside and have a look at the guts.

Having veneer is a plus. Later most all the manufacturers went to vinyl on wood then particle board then vinyl on metal. I would appreciate the manual. Hifiengine only has the S-7100 and not the A. Does have the schematic for the A but no service manual. Will PM you and will gladly pay shipping cost. I plan on doing a complete recap and alignment along with cleaning and wood repairs if necessary. 

• 2 weeks later...

I heard Forte IV w/ McIntosh MA352 hybrid (tube pre/200 watt SS power) integrated amp and the sound was jaw-dropping beautiful. Bass was plentiful and sound was balanced top to bottom. Soundstage was humungous and intimacy drew me in. I have Forte I powered by a Mystere tube amp by PrimaLuna and the added warmth and fulness was immediately noticeable. They has similar footprint to your Heresy III. Worth an audition. They may be Klipsch sweet spot in their Heritage line of speakers.

• 5 weeks later...